new coppa italia

guzzista

Ok, I've done it. Got a new Coppa Italia on its way in January(and, yes,I do plan to ride this winter). Was just wondering what the guys(or gals) that are riding one of those think, any particular issues encountered, grins, gripes and other related facts. Any info will be appreciatied. I havent had a v11/ Lemans since the 2002 model which I loved and hated simultaneously, and which got me back on a 2003 Cali PI( which has been great, by the way)

Ok, I've done it. Got  a new Coppa Italia on its way in January(and, yes,I do plan to ride this winter). Was just wondering what  the guys(or gals) that are riding one of those think, any particular issues encountered, grins, gripes and other related facts. Any info will be  appreciatied. I havent had a v11/ Lemans since the 2002 model which I loved and hated simultaneously, and which got me back on a 2003 Cali PI( which has been great, by the way)

68915[/snapback]

Congratulations! I have a 2004 Italia which I got about 5 months ago, just before I moved to the Pacific NW. It had 52 miles, basically Brand new. I've put about 3700 trouble free miles on this magnificent machine, I can't say enough good things about it. To me she's perfect, I can't think of a thing that I would change. I have the Titanium exhaust with the factory hi-performance box, it fires right up and runs like the perveriable raped ape. The only problem I have experianced is that the Speedo cable broke around 900 miles. I'm about 3 hours from the nearest dealer, I just ordered a new cable and put it on myself. That is a problem area. There may be others, but nothing that I have seen or experianced. Do check nuts and bolts, I found that the front folks had loosened up a bit. I torqued the heads and set the valves at 600 miles and changed the oil and filter. Then at 1000 miles changed the gearbox and final drive fluids. I'm using Amsoil lubricants in the engine, gearbox and final drive, she shifts smooth as butter. I'm sure it will become your favoriate, my poor 2001 CA Special is not getting near enough attention :)

I've a big smile eveytime I'm on mine. I have 04which I bought new Last May.

The only issue I had was a crush washer on a front brake was not torqued correctly wich caused a small leak after a 1000 miles or so.

The high exhuast limits the use of my Givi soft bags, so I haven't had a chance to take on a multi-day trip. I'm sure others here my have remedied this. I'd be interested to hear what others have done.

-Hal

2004 Coppa

2003 Stone

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Guys! Santa came early this year and, after a quick trip to ForwardAir, the container was unlocked, to reveal a very festive looking Coppa. With a bit of dead dinosaur juice , she fired right up.Dang, those guys at Moto International are good!. She ran great on the way home and if it wasnt for the rain( and darkness) I would have kept on riding,as the grin on my face was stretching out my helmet... Cheers and Happy holidays

Love mine -- had it since September -- bought it new (30 miles on it).

Barely have it broken in now.

Waiting for a missing mounting bracket then the Ti pipes go on.

Congrats on a great choice of rides. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I nejoy mine.