Seattle Motorcycle Show

Greg Field

Re; Seattle show. Yes, I will be there on Friday morning to help the VME set up their annual display of vintage motorcycles. I was hoping to see a Griso - sounds like this will not happen from your post. I will try to stop by and meet you. I live in Ballard, have a 2001 V11S.

I also want to see the Paul Smart Ducati and drool all over the MV's.

Uh, what shop are you referring to in your post?

Bob

With regards to Seattle....

I was there last week for Thanksgiving. It was cold and the monorail crashed! I am glad to be back in California!

-Carl

I'm in the VME, too. I'm actually the club librarian (what a geek, huh?), and coordinate the whole holiday awards banquet.

Dave will be at the show Friday, Sat., and Sunday. I'll be manning the MI front until closing and then working the Piaggio booth Friday and Saturday.

There's at least two 2000 V11 Sports, plus a Ballabio, in Ballard. That's a pretty high per capita ratio of V11s. Perhaps you should claim Ballard as the V11 Sport capital of the world?

Hey, fellow VME members! I've been VME for years, try to do the Vashon Tiddler Tour every year, and of course the Vashon TT.

Saturday is best for me at the Cycle World Show. We'll be across the street at Pyramid sampling I.P.A.'s at noon, then walk off the dapplings at the show. I'll be looking for a new helmet there. Do you Seattle guys have any idea who's going to be selling off good helmets cheap this year? I'm looking for a flip up, like a Shoei Syncrotec.

Ciao, Steve G.

Steve-

I have a barely used Shoei Synchro, lemme know if you want it (cheap) - I could bring it to the show on Sat. I suppose

Buying a used helmet is iffy but it has never been dropped

Size Large, grey-ish

too heavy and noisy for me

(tried to email ya - it bounced back)

Bob

DeBen;

Supermotard... imagine a motorcross bike with hot street tires weighing less than 250 lbs. and the ability to flick and powerslide at will. Whats not to like? :race:

Not my cup of tea (too old) but did have some experience with modified Makos and Pentons back in the 70's, what a hoot around town!!!

Scooters? A friend brought back a couple of motorcycle mags. from a recent trip to Taiwan and let me tell you these guys go all out with scooters. Full leathers, sanctioned race circuits, custom exhausts, wheels and tires. The classified section was FULL of adds for hop up kits and everything else listed above.

To each his own I guess. :grin: