oil dipstick

andy york

I need a little help. I bought my 02 LeMans used. The PO installed the oil dipstick with the temp gage on it. There are no markings on it.Did the stock dipstick have graduations for high and low oil level, and if so, could someone tell me what they are. As measured from the bottom of the stick to the low mark and high mark.inches or mm's would be great!

Thanks

If I get a chance I'll meassure it. However, the measurement is taken from the base of the screw in part as the measurement is made with the stock dipstick fully threaded in. Yours and ours may be of different lengths and a measure taken from the tip would probably not be correct.

Guest geezerx

Andy, here's a shot of a dipstick from a 2000V11S. Can't gaurantee that it is the same as your bike but I don't know why it would be different. Note that the measurement (in inches) is taken from the part of the dipstick that is tight against the top of the opening into which it is inserted when obtaining reading.

dipstick.jpg

Carl, got a quick question for you. Relative to a post you made in response to a question I had regarding the tipover valve, do you have the stock airbox in the bike you refered to?