selector springs

Guest sweep

Guest sweep

I have just broken my second selector spring in 3000 miles. i knew when i bought the bike the original was going to go it was just a matter of time, but when the new one was fitted under warranty i thought i was getting a modified part! and now after 2000 miles the new one has gone tits up as well any one else had this problem or got any suggestions?

i cant pull my hair our i havent got much left! :angry: :

Guest PainterX

I feel your pain. Had my shifter return spring replaced the end of August after a 7 week wait. Less than 1000 miles later had shifter lock down and out of gear when I downshifted last weekend. Nothing like it at 80mph in the middle of 4 lanes of traffic. Fortunately I got it to release with some frantic foot work. Hope the dealer believes me this time and I don't have to deal with it for 3 months until it gets bad enough they can replicate it. You'd have thought we would have gotten reworked springs and not old stock like we obviously got. :vomit:

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull

The official word from MGNA is that they're now getting the springs made in the US out of a heavier gague material, so there should be no problems.