Jihem and Jean Marc....WORD

supertwin1

Got the word today that Moto Guzzi will not sell the twin spark motor to Ghezzi-Brian so that company has ceased to produce bikes and now only sells specialty products for the descriminating Guzzi owner. So...no more Supertwins,Kimera,Otto & Furia. If the body molds were up for sale, who's interested in purchasing them?

Guest jedione68
Got the word today that Moto Guzzi will not sell the twin spark motor to Ghezzi-Brian so that company has ceased to produce bikes and now only sells specialty products for the descriminating Guzzi owner.  So...no more Supertwins,Kimera,Otto & Furia.  If the body molds were up for sale, who's interested in purchasing them?

71248[/snapback]

This is Jedi,

and you know I'd be interested. Can't think of anything worse,

then stacking my Pro Thunder at a track day and not be able

to get some spare bodyparts. Maybe we could get a deal on

some spare frames too.

That so sucks!!! Or for our English Guzzi folks "Bullocks!"

So Guzzi hires them to make a "Race-bike" for the 22nd century,

but wont give them the new 6 speed to include in the frame.

Then they like what they see (Super-Twin) so they have them

develope the MG 01 Corsa, and in the end steele the Ghezzi of

Ghezzi-Brian and NOW they wont give them the new engine to Bruno "Brian"...

I love the Itailain & there bikes, but thats just B.S.

Thats the same thing that really helped kill Bimota (Ducati wouldn't

supply the engines) even though they we're the HIGH end of Ducati

and helped bring people eyes and ears to Ducati in the 80's and 90's.

And if I remember right. Thats what helped kill Magni when they

came out with a Super-Bike before Guzzi ironed out all its kinks

in the Daytona... They decided at the last moment to not supplie

the 1000 cc 4 Valve engine, after promising them for Magni's "Australia".

Before I start getting too DARK (To Late) and veer into anything else on my

mine...

Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

to all and to all a Guzzi-night!!!

So... How much do ya think the molds are going to be??

Hit me with an email.

Peace, rubber side down,

Jedi---OUT

if this is true it both sucks and not. It sucks because I really really want a Furia, planning was started, and it dont suck because it shows that MG is seriously planning something like a sportsbike and dont want competition.

But why doesnt G&B buy a container or two of those engines that ended up in Germany and solder on for a year or three?

i'm just very, very sad for Bruno and the ppl there, at the GB plant, but it was looming for quite a while :(

Guest jedione68
I will call about the body molds today and get more information for us! :grin:

71289[/snapback]

I'll be waiting!!!!

And say hello to Bruno from all of us Guzzist!

Jedi

well, this is no surprise. The real reason can be that it's to difficult to get a new model euro3 certified for a small manufacturer. And no euro 3 is no go,in not to long for all new bikes. I heard in swiss, the current line is not realy certified at this moment.

And since Ghezzi is gone, no new models have been introduced.

Got the word today that Moto Guzzi will not sell the twin spark motor to Ghezzi-Brian so that company has ceased to produce bikes and now only sells specialty products for the descriminating Guzzi owner.  So...no more Supertwins,Kimera,Otto & Furia.  If the body molds were up for sale, who's interested in purchasing them?

71248[/snapback]

Bummer. They going to start building a bike around the Harley/S&S clone engines? Hey, it could happen!

;)

This reminds me of the way GM killed off Bricklyn back in the 70s; again, it was a loss for all concerned, since the latter (G&B, Bricklyn) did more to boost the sales of the former (Guzzi, GM) powerplant suppliers than they "cannibalized."

Short-sighted business decisions usually come back to bite their makers' in the @ss...

Sic transit gloria Guzzi. Ghezzi & Brian, we salute you! :2c:

:race:

I think with the cost of the molds and the shipping cost, it would be way cheaper for someone (other than me :stupid: ) to make a mold of their ST body work. Or how much is the unpainted body work to start with from GB? I had the idea so someone else please do the easier half :thumbsup:

Mike

I will call about the body molds today and get more information for us! :grin:

71289[/snapback]

well, this is no surprise. The real reason can be that it's to difficult to get a new model euro3 certified for a small manufacturer. And no euro 3 is no go,in not to long for all new bikes. I heard in swiss, the current line is not realy certified at this moment.

And since Ghezzi is gone, no new models have been introduced.

Yeah with this Euro 3 have broken our balls.!! It's like this is to blame all for the eco mess.No smocking here and there and many other crapp just to blame the problem where it is due.

Stop throwing nucklear and bio weapons, that's the problem not a bike or two.

Till then I'll smoke as I want and where I want, I'll drive with my loud pippes everywhere. Yes I'm the party pooper though, in a goofy audience

Hehe a couple of months ago in Germany I stopped to an Italian pizzeria for a snak, after the typic "Buona sera" the owner told me he thought, it was a helicopter out of his door at first place, but a Moto Guzzi ?!! Got some snaps for free then.

Mistrals work wonders :D:D:bier:

You would need to purchase not only the molds, but the rights to produce the body work. That might prove much more expensive than the molds themselves. Making molds of your body work similarly does not give you the right to reproduce someone else's designs.

You Americans should be well aware of lawsuits and such... :luigi:

Rj

I've also heard that the 1000cc 4-valve engine is plentiful(if you've got $10,000)but it too has fallen to the euro 3. This is why you saw the "photo-op" of the Griso with the 4-valve last year and the street legal MGS-01 not produced. You would think Moto Guzzi would be ready to drop the price on the non compliant 4-valve engine but noooo, they want $10,000! I love MG's product but don't even try to understand their marketing.

I love MG's product but don't even try to understand their marketing.

71385[/snapback]

...and one of the saddest thing is when you're told by people-in-the-know that Guisseppe Ghezzi works on the new California engine, and not on some eat-your-rice-rocket sport model. Talk about waste of talent ...