Now do you know that TFI?

Alex-Corsa

OK the you read the title , often hear about these PCIII'a and other stuff

check this out TFI  box.Seems like an "PC for dummies" thing ,easier to set up and perhaps more "clever" , it is made from the one who made the PC.

Anyone had experiences with it??

71972[/snapback]

Ask RacerX to give you an education on it. It won't do the same thing.

Like he said, do you want cut your wires up for a cheaper product.

Is it hard to install on my Moto Guzzi?

No, not at all. The box only requires you to attach 4 wires on your bike.

One wire to each injector

One wire to a power source

One wire to ground.

Although it looks easy to install, the limited connections to the rest of the bike indicates that the unit will be fairly limited in functionality. It doesn't even know the throttle position.

Although it looks easy to install, the limited connections to the rest of the bike indicates that the unit will be fairly limited in functionality. It doesn't even know the throttle position.

71981[/snapback]

But it might not need to.

I am only guessing, but it is probably looking at the frequency and duration of fuel injection pulses.

Determining the RPM from that information is trivial.

Determining the Throttle Position would be nearly impossible, but perhaps unecessary.

It can assume that longer injector pulse durations indicate a greater throttle opening.

This is not true all of the time, but most of the time.

Where it is not true, I think the accelleration pump effect would not have to activate if the RPM was not increasing. So, the Yellow pot is good shit and safe to smoke. :rasta:

The Red pot is a no brainer, simply based on RPMs..no problem.

Same for the Blue pot.

The Green Pot may be the trickiest to determine, but if the engineer knows the approximate durations that correspond with light throttle load, it would be a piece of cake to make it work right.

Otherwise the engineer would have to do some fuzzy logic to determine what is a heavy load and what is a light load.

So, if you install the unit, ride around for a month without ever going past half throttle, fuzzy logic may not be useful when you eventually hit higher throttle positions. But once it does, it should adjust and everything should be fine, although you might have to go back and tweak the settings.

All in all, the PCIII can do everything this can, and more.

Plugging in a PCIII is easier.

Tweaking the PCIII map is not brain surgery.

The only advantages of the TFI are that the pots may be more intuitive than a map for some people and the price is quite a bit lower.

Which is what some people want. :thumbsup:

Isn't this topic somewhere already?

No offense Alex.

The product, aptly named Technical Illusion (TechLusion) by it's creator, left Dynojet shortly after the company was bought out. His technology PCII (pre-ECU corrections) was abandoned for their new PCIII creation (post-ECU corrections), which the TFI crudely tries to mimic, with the exception of the Techlusion (TFI) can only richen... with precision of say a 5 lb. maul for finish carpentry.

When we were testing Jim Palma's Centauro at Dyno-Solutions last year we found that the bike made it's best power with the TFI removed (while using a Creedon chip, which still wasn't even close). Post PCIII custom mapping, both mileage and Jim's satisfaction were way up. I think he comments here on occasion, so perhaps he'll tell you himself.

Isn't this topic somewhere already?

No offense Alex.

72080[/snapback]

topics replicate like deja vu all over again on this forum.

Especially Oil, Filters, starting problems, and suspension.

The TFI has barely been covered.

The product, aptly named Technical Illusion (TechLusion) by it's creator, left Dynojet shortly after the company was bought out. His technology PCII (pre-ECU corrections) was abandoned for their new PCIII creation (post-ECU corrections), which the TFI crudely tries to mimic, with the exception of the Techlusion (TFI) can only richen... with precision of say a 5 lb. maul for finish carpentry.

When we were testing Jim Palma's Centauro at Dyno-Solutions last year we found that the bike made it's best power with the TFI removed (while using a Creedon chip, which still wasn't even close). Post PCIII custom mapping, both mileage and Jim's satisfaction were way up. I think he comments here on occasion, so perhaps he'll tell you himself.

72080[/snapback]

I suspect it made his map worse because the Creedon chip is so rich that you can run on 87octane(claimed by Will)

Since all the TFI can do is enrichen, it isn't likely to help.

Clearly its purpose is to inexpensively aid emmission requirement lean machines, especially after muffler and intake mods.

I wonder how this compares to ultimap.

Does FIM Ultimap work at the map cell level or in broad sweeping brushes, more similar to the TFI?

Sorry, if this has been covered already.

"Other modules only take into account throttle position and R.P.M. The TFi reads those inputs, but it also takes into account the load the engine is under."

"No, not at all. The box only requires you to attach 4 wires on your bike.

One wire to each injector

One wire to a power source

One wire to ground."

These two statements seem mutually exclusive.

I guess there must be flux capacitor and a little alien slave with ESP in there.

Looks like a complete load of shite to me.

OKay, y'all asked for it.

Here is my pile of ECU shiiit hierarchy with the cream of the crap at the top

and the good shit :rasta: towards the bottom.

Guzzi ECU left untouched.

Guzzi ECU trim tweaked by dealer using TechnoResearch VDST or MBDST $Free-$100

Guzzi ECU bodged by TFI $200

Guzzi ECU bodged by PCIII serial $Real Cheap

Guzzi ECU bodged by PCIII USB $250 to $350 depending on how much of a sucker you are.

Guzzi ECU improved by Axeone????not sure about this one. Also, I don't know where to put a Teo Lamers modified ECU... $?$?$?

Guzzi ECU rectified by FIM ultimap flashload $179. http://www.fuelinmoto.com.au/

Guzzi ECU improved by TuneBoy $310, maybe less while in semi-beta.

Guzzi ECU improved by TechnoResearch DirectLink $379

Guzzi ECU rectified by FIM ultimap diagnostics $1500 I don't know if it is better than DirectLink or TuneBoy, but it better be for that price.

Cliff's MY15M Kit is about $300 Not sure what the assembled and tested price is. Awesome shit dude! :rasta: If I could start all over, this is the route that I would take.

And you can polish most of this crap to a medium luster with Tuning Link for a few hundred dollars or for a little more a better tuning from a four gas analysis Dyno like MotoLab, or if you really gotta have it glimmer, go with a proper $3000 GP racing mapping from a dyno with five gas analysis.

Something Guzzi should have done in the factory.

Or you can optimize many of these yourself.

Cliff's MY15M can be modified with the optimiser for less than $250 and less than $125 in kit form.

WBO2 controllers are another way to improve the mapping tools.

Agreed, although that TFI crap might be worse than the original untouched Guzzi ECU.

I like the correct and appropriate use of the term "bodged" though. Very good!