My dogs

richard100t

I bought my wife a jack russel terrier :wub: for her birthday ( her choice). A great dog with a big heart , only trouble is im even lower on tthe pecking order now, 1. kids 2. dog 3. house 4. stuff in house etc etc i think im 53rd place behind hair straighteners. Gary

Looks like I started a good thread. Wow Tx apparently has lost weight & grown some hair since he took the pic for his avatar. :D Or is the pic with your dog the old pic? lol I'll have to post a few better close up pics of my dogs later today.

72571[/snapback]

I don't know who that guy in the pic is :wacko: The dog's name is Jocko & he's called a Leonberger. At least that's what it says on the Leonberger site :huh2: .

Here's my dogs

imagesdawg8gt.jpg

dogs3.jpgThis is Cara, (Irish for Friend), and I breed the shaggy bastards, our other guy is Kody.

They're Alaskan Malamutes, a reasonably common dog in N. America, but rare over here. There's about 10 in Ireland and maybe 150 in the UK.

She weighs about 140 pounds,hence the squished look on my face and can out-howl any police car. And frequently does, much to joy of my neighbours!

without any of the mean streak that can come with a lab. I've had a lab and my neighbors have had them if they don't get enough attention or don't have a purpose they get snippy(not all of coarse) Plus I find labs to be very unintelligent on thier own untrained

72527[/snapback]

Are you on crack?? You could beat a lab till near death with a baseball bat and it will still think you are the most wonderful thing in the world.

Anyone see the bumper sticker that says "My Lab is smarter than your honor student"? :D

72574[/snapback]

That's more like it.

Rj

MVC_005F.JPG

Just thought I'd post some pics of my dogs.

72467[/snapback]

What an excellent idea - and cracking mutts they are too!

My fella is an ex-racing greyhound - beautiful tempered dogs, quiet, gentle and need very little exercise - they should be called layhounds, 'cos they spend 23 hours a day sleeping, and the other 60 minutes equally divided between looking for food and eating it.

Blue_2.jpgBlue_3.jpg

If Carlo had invented a dog, it would have been a greyhound - a true gambalunga, good to look at, understated and yet purposeful - a friend in all situations (but then so are all dogs!) and quick when it needs to be.

What an excellent idea - and cracking mutts they are too!

My fella is an ex-racing greyhound - beautiful tempered dogs, quiet, gentle and need very little exercise - they should be called layhounds, 'cos they spend 23 hours a day sleeping, and the other 60 minutes equally divided between looking for food and eating it.

Blue_2.jpgBlue_3.jpg

If Carlo had invented a dog, it would have been a greyhound - a true gambalunga, good to look at, understated and yet purposeful - a friend in all situations (but then so are all dogs!) and quick when it needs to be.

72912[/snapback]

I really like the greyhounds. There are a lot of greyhound rescue groups here in the states & I've seen the rescued ones at the pet stores sometimes. Those poor dogs get treated horribly in the dog racing industry. It is surprising that such a big fast dog can be such a good housedog but they really are.

Those poor dogs get treated horribly in the dog racing industry. It is surprising that such a big fast dog can be such a good housedog but they really are.

72913[/snapback]

Perfect mate for a biker too!

Are you on crack??  You could beat a lab till near death with a baseball bat and it will still think you are the most wonderful thing in the world.

That's more like it.

Rj

72891[/snapback]

Speaking of dogs you could beat with stick and only get a tail-wag:

dog001.jpg

Dober-mutts rule.

We have the worlds biggest wienie of a watchdog.

Great "person"-ality.

He's been around for 10 years.

Only blood relatives have been on the payroll longer :grin:

Turbo.

Tx knows him.

A redneck knows a good dog when he sees one.

Hey Tx, no more jalapeno burgers for Turbo, please. :vomit:

Now theres a ferocious beast if I ever saw one! :D I have a picture of my rat terrier with his Italian cane corso "girlfriend" . I'll have to get my gf to get me that pic so I can post it. Theres about a 120lb difference between the two, pretty funny. Those Italian mastiffs are monster size dogs, they look like hellhounds the way their ears are clipped. I wouldnt want to break into a house with one of those things inside. :unsure: