Speaking of tires

Alex-Corsa

I tried "solid" tyres on my ATB and because I'm a fat git the rolling resistance was incredible. Like riding on very soft tyres. I'm not sure they would have been much better had I been svelte.

Side by side on a down hill stretch I had to pedal to keep up with a coasting friend.

I went back to normal tyres but use a Kevlar barrier between tube and tyre.

72911[/snapback]

I second that opinion. I got them because the surfaces around here were continually littered with broken glass from kids drinking smuggled continental beer. It was costing me as much for bicycle tyres in a year as for motorcycle tyres. Now that the Police have a no-tolerance attitude to public drinking, it seems safe to change back. I'll miss the extra work out. Not.

mike

ROTFLMFHO

72918[/snapback]

I don't know what any of it means. But then I am old, my mobile phone looks like a half brick with an aerial. and I text in complete words. spelled correctly.

I would take some persuading to use any sort of remould tyre on a bike. Coloured tyres? In the sixties, there was a brief vogue for white handlebar grips and whitewalls on tyres. This is neither new nor attractive!

Thanks, Martin. I'll look to you as my mentor in all matters concerning expressions of youth culture, from now on.

Where do haemorrhoids come in, though? No! Don't reply.....I think I know the answer already.

I've been told that 95% of those tire chunks you see on the road are NOT from retreads.

72875[/snapback]

Do not, I repeat, do NOT! allow whoever sold you that line of b.s. to sell you a bridge or any artifact requiring a monetary exchange. They are not trustworthy...

:lol:

Ride on :race: [safely, not on retreads, colored or otherwise!]

Do not, I repeat, do NOT! allow whoever sold you that line of b.s. to sell you a bridge or any artifact requiring a monetary exchange. They are not trustworthy...

:lol:

Ride on  :race: [safely, not on retreads, colored or otherwise!]

73039[/snapback]

Head!

73067[/snapback]

Damm you both blowing my credablity. I was next going to explain why Aquataine should be returned to English possesion along with Normandy and Calais.

( I had sent the correct answer by PM just prior to GB's post)

Scandinavian motorcycle magazine 'Bike' ran a test on the coloured tyres and they came to the conclusion that they were only made for burnouts and nothing else.

Additionally I think they look girly and are more suitable for BMX pushbikes but who am I to tell :P

Cheers

Søren

Hass - must be from the scandinavian area originally? I know they make some Aass ale I dunno if its any good tho.

73113[/snapback]

Hass means 'hate' in German. I don't recall anything in Norwegian or Swedish reminiscing that word.

Göran Thyni, Martin Dude?

Søren

OK Coloured tyres.....

Well, they only look cool if they are clean right?

So do you polish the treaded portion of the tyre so it looks clean and smart?  :homer:

Nige.  :huh:

73314[/snapback]

I say some tire wet after every romp aught to do the trick eh?

N34Harley8.jpg

look at those whitewalls shine baby. :rolleyes: