rear wheel needle bearing part number

hgravelpha@aol.com

Hello All,

I need the part number for the needle bearing on the rear shaft area. The bearing is not on the wheel but actually on the shaft. I recently purchased new tires and will change out the bearings to the front and rear wheels and this shaft needle bearing. I tried searching but only saw a picture of it. The person that had the picture cleaned the bearing vs replacing it. I would like to have the bearing in hand before starting this project. Thanks again. :luigi:

From this bonehead's website

http://www.scripps.edu/~dlaing/v11s/v11bearings

I got it from somewhere on the forum....

Not sure what that D with the line through it is.

Be sure to double check that the number is right.

Guzzi v11 bearings

swing arm            92 21 84 18

Bevel drive

outer needle bearing 

This one tends to fail because it is exposed to elements.

OE bearing part number  92 25 22 25 Ð Torrington HK 2516 2RS

cross refs with Ð NTN (japan) HK 2516 LL

Steering Head Bearing

92 24 92 25

30205-J2 SUB305

BB S/Head, taper roller 25x52x16.25

Rear Wheel

The OE bearing is 6204 Ð 2RS1 / C3  90 20 42 20

the bearing is 6204 sealed bearing with dimensions of 20x47x14

NAPA part number is 6204-2RSJ

SKF 6204 RSH/C3 would be best.

Many bikes shipped with too short of a bearing spacer, resulting in premature bearing failure.

front

as accurately as we have discerned, the combination of a 6304 and 6205 appears on bikes with a solid axle.

Bikes with a hollow axle have a pair of 6205 bearings.

6304 is 20 x 52 x 15 mm 92 20 52 27 which may cross ref 92 20 14 20 from older Guzzi.

6205 is 25 x 52 x 15 mm 92 20 18 21

• 5 months later...
From this bonehead's website

http://www.scripps.edu/~dlaing/v11s/v11bearings

I got it from somewhere on the forum....

Not sure what that D with the line through it is.

Be sure to double check that the number is right.

73183[/snapback]

Replacing tires on my 2002 V11, I noticed the rear wheel outboard bearing is shot (spalled) and the bevel drive needle bearing inner race is worn (one third only) from contact with the bearings. Reading the many excellent posts on this site I have the following questions that I hope you can answer.

Q 1. My wheel spacer looks stock (I'm not original owner), but is about 0.5 mm longer than the inner face dimension of the bearing holder. This seems in line with the thread consensus and should provide a continuous stack from each swingarm once torqued. Has the "change the spindle" crowd got real experience to confirm this change solves the problem? Also, is someone still putting together a spindle order? - details please.

Q 2. Why do I care if the bevel drive outer needle bearing is? This location is essentially stationary expect for minor rotation allowed by the torque arm. So won't the same dents reappear regardless of the weather seal? Since I can replace the inner race separately, and the bearing cleaned up pretty well, is it common to replace just the race rather than mess with the risk and effort of pulling this blind back bearing? In fact, why not just rotate the inner, worn, race and let the new dents come.....

:huh2:

Q 1. My wheel spacer looks stock (I'm not original owner), but is about 0.5 mm longer than the inner face dimension of the bearing holder. This seems in line with the thread consensus and should provide a continuous stack from each swingarm once torqued. Has the "change the spindle" crowd got real experience to confirm this change solves the problem? Also, is someone still putting together a spindle order?  - details please.

91428[/snapback]

If the spacer is longer than the bearing holders, you've no reason to change it. The problem was with spacers that were too short and put a side load on the wheel bearings.