Evolutione Footpeg Relocation Kit

Greg Field

Guest ramon61
If anybody wants one, we at MI have had Evolutione make some more for us. email parts@motointernational.com for details.

73366[/snapback]

does the kit move the pegs down or back? Could you post a pic?

Moves them down and slightly back. We're gonna put the kit on a demo Ballabio, so I may be able to take a picture of it today. I don't think I'm supposed to post prices on the forum, so I won't. PM me or email to parts@motointernational.com.

GF

Moves them down and slightly back. We're gonna put the kit on a demo Ballabio, so I may be able to take a picture of it today. I don't think I'm supposed to post prices on the forum, so I won't. PM me or email to parts@motointernational.com.

GF

73398[/snapback]

I'm looking to move my Cafe Sport's pegs forward, to unbend my creaky knees a bit. Anyone know of a source?

I'm looking to move my Cafe Sport's pegs forward, to unbend my creaky knees a bit.  Anyone know of a source?

74233[/snapback]

Forward? That might be a tough task.

The Evoluzione kit basically repositions the pegs on holes already on the side plates [pork chops] using large stainless hex head bolts, with the brake side using a brass bushing [i had to make a proper fitting on on my kit] for brake pedal actuation.

Very inexpensive to put together and reasonable to buy I you don't want to make it up yourself. A kit to place feet forward would be rather, to very expensive, as there may not be many sold, hence higher price.

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest trispeed

I traded with a guy in France; my foot controls for his Centauro controls. They are about 2 inches forward and an inch lower than the stock V11 sport items. They are tough to order but the comfort and contol are significantly improved. The pegs still don't drag before the sidestand and exhaust can, so there's no clearance issue.

Hey Trispeed,

How about some photos of the Centauro footpeg setup. I tried the Evoluzione footpeg relocators. Nice kit, but it put more pressure on the wrists. The rearward location also placed the shifter waaay out front of the left peg and shifting was a pain in the ass. Have to move your foot forward to shift ala dirt bikes.

The Centauro deal sounds more like it.

Wick

I traded with a guy in France; my foot controls for his Centauro controls. They are about 2 inches forward and an inch lower than the stock V11 sport items. They are tough to order but the comfort and contol are significantly improved. The pegs still don't drag before the sidestand and exhaust can, so there's no clearance issue.

74272[/snapback]

That sounds perfect! Please excuse my ignorance, I'm new to the Guzzi line. Just purchased an '04 Cafe Sport. How do I find out about Centauro parts? I could not find that model on the MG website.

By the way, the dealer told me this morning that MG is in a state of flux due to the acquisition by Piaggio. He said there are some problems getting parts for now.

Hey Trispeed,

How about some photos of the Centauro footpeg setup. I tried the Evoluzione footpeg relocators. Nice kit, but it put more pressure on the wrists. The rearward location also placed the shifter waaay out front of the left peg and shifting was a pain in the ass. Have to move your foot forward to shift ala dirt bikes.

The Centauro deal sounds more like it.

Wick

74284[/snapback]

Since my last message, I found a picture of the Centauro on the link below;

It's of the whole bike, so not too clear, but you can sort of get the idea.

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcguzzi/mcphotos/v10sp-7.html

Guest ramon61

GF

73398[/snapback]

Greg, I'd like to buy a set, but I need to see a picture. I didn't like the Buell lowered pegs because they moved my feet an inch outward (bad) as well as an

inch down (good).

LeMansleft_side.jpgI just received the Evolutione kit from MI and went to install it on my LeMans only to find out that the previous owner had beat me to it. The bike originally came from MI so that's not a surprise - just didn't know what the kit was till I got it. I'll post a photo that will hopefully show you a changed peg position.

The peg gets dropped to the lowest hole on the bottom of the side plate. I obviously found that position a bit uncomfortable, but a bigger problem was that I didn't feel like I had good access to the foot controls, particularly the rear brake. My heels also touch the pipes with conversion.

If the photo isn't clear, let me know and I'll send you some better shots at your personal e-mail.

Jim

Thanks for the info, Jim...my 2 cts worth is that the brake and shfter pedals will always need some type of mod to be accessed comfortably from whatever footpeg position is selected, original or modified, and both the the swing angle( of the pedals) and the distance from footpeg to control pedal has to be adjustable( or adjusted) in order to be comfortable... since Centauro foot control items are not easily available,(or certainly comfortable for every rider) the next thing is , after getting the footpegs position comfortable, to modify the brake and shifter pedals accordingly...for example, for me the shifter is too far forward( size 8 foot) and the brake pedal too high...its time to cut and weld, , with a bit of brake pedal aluminium reinforcement thrown in for good luck...more to follow..