UK Thunderbike Race Series

V11UK

The MGS-01 has 4 valves per cylinder so it will not be in the field. :homer: The rules want to keep everyone competitive but they allow 1bhp per 4 pounds which is a 100 bhp engine in a 400 pound bike. I think the Goose needs to loose some weight and gain some horsepower to be competitive. Humm, are Ghezzi-Brians allowed?

Sounds like fun though!

Mike

Fancy entering your Guzzi in a competitive race series against Buells etc? then visit http://www.thunderbikeuk.com/page2.html for full details. They need a few more of Mandello's finest bellowing out that staccato beat  :D.

Time to dust off that MGS-01 you have parked in the front room and use it in anger... :race:.

73505[/snapback]

Mike, I can't see where 4 valves aren't allowed, displacement isn't limited on 2 cylinder bikes. Also wieght to power might fit:

if it's 120 hp rearwheel, 480 lbs are allowed.

480 lbs = 218 kilogram shouldn't be to far from that.

I don't see why an mgs01 can't compete. If it has to much power for the weight, stick some torque cams in.

Mike, I can't see where 4 valves aren't allowed, displacement isn't limited on 2 cylinder bikes. Also wieght to power might fit:

if it's 120 hp rearwheel, 480 lbs are allowed.

MGS has a bit more whp I think.Anyways that's not my subject here,but, if they want to play the competitive weight to power ratio right ,I believe they should find another analogy since the bikes race with drivers on them and not alone so the "finnal" weight better be with the driver.

That would be interesting.

I have followed race similar series in the past and I remember a BMW 650 single beating the whole field of fast Dukes, Buells and Guzzis at Thruxton because it was wet and the rider had big balls. Paul Lewis on the Raceco Daytona came second.

I can see a Guzzi being competitive in this series if it has the right rider.

Guy :helmet:

MGS has a bit more whp I think.Anyways that's not my subject here,but, if they want to play the competitive  weight to power ratio right ,I believe they should find another analogy since the bikes race with drivers on them and not alone so the "finnal" weight better be with the driver.

That would be interesting.

73608[/snapback]

Mine had 118 rwhp with only a few hundred km. It improved to 122 after more riding.

Ref Guzzi's, there's a Dr John Daytona signed up and a MGS-01 owner has shown interest.

To date, the full list of entrants is:

12 x Buell XB models

1 x Buell tube-framed model

9 x modified Suzuki SV650's

2 x Ducati 1000DS

1 x Bimota Tesi

1 x Vyrus 984

1 x Laverda 750S

1 x Guzzi Daytona

BTW - what's a Vyrus?

Ref Guzzi's, there's a Dr John Daytona signed up and a MGS-01 owner has shown interest.

12 x Buell XB models

2 x Ducati 1000DS

1 x Bimota Tesi

1 x Vyrus 984

1 x Laverda 750S

1 x Guzzi Daytona

BTW - what's a Vyrus?

73730[/snapback]

Must not underestimate the SV650s- once they are lightened and tuned they will be competitive. There is a very competitive Minitwins series where the SV650 is the most common and fastest bike.

If Trojan Horse are backing a Buell that will be competitive too if it has all their trick bits.

Here is to the Daytona :bier:

Alex

I have heard you have had a bit of an earthquake- are you ok?

Was it started by your Termignonis????

Guy  :helmet:

You bet!!!. :grin: Y'see I can't even get some slip ons on my bike. :huh::lol: ,(hehe that was a nice one)

No prob. everything O.K. here,my house is extra strong build :grin: although not many damages reported it was in a big depth under the bottom of the sea.

Will let you know when I get them.

:bier:

Glad to hear you and your house are ok Alex.

I must visit Athens one day- my Great Grandfather is buried near the Corinth Canal and I would like to visit his grave- he died fighting the Turks in the First World War.

When my Grandfather (his son) was captured by the Germans in Crete during WW2, his captors kindly let him visit his Dad's grave on his long march to Poland -some humanity in amongst all the death and destruction.

Maybe in 2007- too many rallies this year!

12 x Buell XB models

2 x Ducati 1000DS

1 x Bimota Tesi

1 x Vyrus 984

1 x Laverda 750S

1 x Guzzi Daytona

BTW - what's a Vyrus?

73730[/snapback]

I hope someone can keep us posted as to how the season goes - especially if the Guzzi's do well!!