On the Lighter side

DeBenGuzzi

I plugged in The Legendary Pink Dots, and the trip has been interesting, but now I am at Collective Soul...I don't follow the logic....fast forward...ah...back to the Dots....but now they are boring me...

73775[/snapback]

The Dots....they used to be on the same record company i was on. Talk about skunk ppl ;)

if you want an interesting web radio, try Tiger Sushi the stuff they're playing is quite riveting at times.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean his rendition of Mr. Bojangles?  :lol:

73851[/snapback]

his cover of Pulp wasn't bad at all. too anecdotic maybe...

I saw Motorhead and Sepultura here in Copenhagen. They did a double gig and I had the worst case of tinitus afterwards. Those guys play LOUD!!

I know In Flames, they're pretty good, too. In fact the headbanger scene in Sweden is quite big. Also try to listen to The Hellacopters.

Søren

73839[/snapback]

Aha. You're just like me! Tip: buy Killing Jokes last album from 2003, with Dave Grohl as a drummer. Tough as nails, fantastically loud and aggressive, and an instant classic!

Norwegian band Gluecifer packs a punch, and so does new band Sereena Maneesh.

And of course you have the Norwegian black metal bands.... Satyricon, Red Harvest, Khold... sends shivers down your spine.

On the other hand; Thelonious Monk is the king of bebop as far as Im concerned.

to those from Norway & Denmark....you also have some cool rockabilly bands. I like metal too, but rockabilly in the summer goes well.

I think "Wild Wax Combo" & "The Go-Getters" are from Denmark & Norway, respectively. They have played Seattle's annual "Shake the Shack Rockabilly Ball".

The ball is a cool 3 day gig in September consisting of a car show, rockabilly bands of all styles (be-pop, country, punk, rock, etc.), and great dancing.

Nothing like a hottie with tattoos in authentic 50's attire swinging her thing to some good music.

They had to move the car show (which was right out front of the venue) because the city won't issue a permit due to too many gearhead burnouts

Im not that young....1966

I once was an associated member of the heroic organisation For The Preservation of Intense Music. Anything went, as long as it was intense and real; black metal, jazz, blues, electronica, classical, yes even the old sourpuss Lou Reed! And thats how my record collection looks like, too. All over the place. Never pass up an opportunity to hear some intense new music!

By the way; the organisation disappeared behind curtains of cascading beer at some outdoor festival in the early nineties. Might have been the one where Iggy performed :P

I can't believe nobody's mentioned The Shat!!  William Shatner.  Seriously.  Give it a listen...

Rj

73838[/snapback]

I'm suprised (with this bunch) that no one has mentioned Yonni :grin: just to be a @#$$#!. Actually, I'm pleased that we haven't sunk that low. Yet.

Radio in Atlanta is so dreadful that the Warden purchased a Sirius satellite radio gizmo for me as a Christmas gift. I'm actually enjoying the programming, the blues channel is top notch. No Yonni station though.....

Phil

Atlanta GA

'02 Le Mans

Im not that young....1966

I once was an associated member of the heroic organisation For The Preservation of Intense Music. Anything went, as long as it was intense and real; black metal, jazz, blues, electronica, classical, yes even the old sourpuss Lou Reed!  And thats how my record collection looks like, too. All over the place. Never pass up an opportunity to hear some intense new music!

By the way; the organisation disappeared behind curtains of cascading beer at some outdoor festival in the early nineties. Might have been the one where Iggy performed  :P

74035[/snapback]

My taste in music varies from deathmetal to classical music. Before Christmas I went to the Royal Danish Opera House where they performed Rossini's opera "Cinderella". Your call.... :grin:

Søren

PS: Martin, your FTPIM sounds great. Me and a couple of mates had a similiar organisation where we played rock'n roll all night paired up with gallons of beer, booze, farts and dirty jokes much to the disbelief of my still beloved wife.

Aah, those were the days... :drink:

Søren