2002 LeMans Riding Comfort

Jim Malm

Looks like I get to be the first one in 2006 to bring up this subject. I just waded through the many posts on handlebar mods and came to the conclusion that the Verlicchi and Williamsville Competition items appear to be the best bar risers that may actually be available. The MPH website has changed and I was unable to look at what they have available. I'm leaning (no pun intended) toward the Williamsville product because of the apparent ease of installion. Has anyone heard anything from GenMar or the other company that were looking into producing bar risers? Are there any other products out there that I should look at?

I contacted Moto International in Seattle who told me they had a system that adapts Balabio bars to the LeMans, but I haven't seen a photo or been given a quote or any details on what it takes to put them on.

Rich Maund looks like the guy to go to to improve the comfort of the seat. Again, any other suggestions on other options for seating?

Has anyone come up with a system to move the foot pegs down and a bit forward?

Good judgement and common sense would probably dictate that I look for another bike, but the LeMans just has too much uniqueness and personality to abandon.

Your suggestions on what will make this a more comfortable bike to ride are appreciated. Thanks!

Jim

Jim,

do a search for 'footpegs' or maybe even 'pegs' and look for the kit to lower the pegs. Several guys have done this. Also you can bolt on Ducati Monster rubber pegs and this may add a little comfort. Changing the grips to something softer helps as well. Easy mods, these.

Riding a Red Frame Sport doesn't actaully qualify me to advise you on comfort. :rolleyes:

If you were trying to make you "Sport" more comfy I'd recommend Pilates or maybe Yoga . . . :P

Jim

to bring your footpegs forward, you can use the Centauro items. If necessary, the shifting and brake lever can also be used.

I use the verlicchi handlebars on my 2000 V11. I bought the lowest Sport bars which are only 20 - 30 mm higher than the stock ones. Together with the infinite adjustability of these bars, I got a very good riding position. I have to support very reduced weight with my arms now.

I am 6'4" Have the Argal adjustible pegs from Guzzi and a Rich Maund seat. I can ride for days... Some additional things I added are the Buell mirros so I can see something besides my shoulders. The tseng micro-swirl lip on the windscreen to blow the air and rain and such over my head. The Verccelli (sp) bars which enabled me to place the Lemans bars the same place I had the Ballabio bars. Also I replaced the grips with those big generic Cruiser grips that are usually chrome and have rubber slats in them. I just dipped the grips in this rubberized finish you can use on tools to add grip where there was just metal. Each grip weighs nearly two pounds, so that basically removed all vibration from the bars, and they are big so they are comfortable also.

I'll upload some pics soon.

Guest trispeed

the centauro pegs are much more comfortable but you'll need the levers, as well.

Check out 'convertibars' for a great fully adjustable set of bars.

Thanks to all for the comments so far. Is "converitbars" a topic in the Forum?

My seat will be off to Rich Maund today and I ordered a set of the Evoluvione (sp?) peg kits from MI. I may try using the the Ducati ST2/4 pegs with them. I'll post info. on how they work out.

I'm still trying to figure out the best route to go with the bars. A machinist friend has some ideas for the bars we may try on my LeMans. Will also post info on that if succesful. Williamsville Competition now wants $375 for their product - ouch.

Jim