I Took A Spin On My New Ride Today

Mike Stewart

Well, I think I was the first gimp or as my wife calls me gimpy.

Just about 4 months ago, I had a slight meeting with the tarmac when doing a intermediate track school. I guess I failed the class :P I was mid point in turn 13 at Thunderhill Raceway in California, accelerating hard for exit speed and pushing my bike up to get more traction on exit while (one of the earlier classes), aiming my eyes down the back straight. I heard my engine rpm scream, so I thought to my self, no problem, my rear tire is spinning, the bike felt stable and was pointed down the straight. I saw a flash of green in front of my face (my bike) and then pavement (can you say, high speed lowside). My body tumbled and slid 150 feet past the bike. I just layed flat on my back, It felt like the wind was knocked out of me but the pain felt way deeper. I could move my arms and feet which I thought was a good sign. I could see my bike down at the exit of turn 13 in the middle of the track and I was in the middle of the track 150 down the straight. Help was there quick and they helped me up, I actually walked to the meat wagon, but from that point on, I could stand but I could not take any steps. The good news, I was still alive, the bad news, 4 fractures in my pelvis and three broken ribs.

So, fractures healed, more physical therapy till everything is well. Yes, I have been out on my bikes for some short rides. Felt weird at first, but now it feels fine.

Mike

Damn, Mike -- I missed something.  Thought I was the only gimp on the forum.  What happened?

v50

(FOUR bikes in the garage awaiting the healing of their master). :vomit:

74232[/snapback]

Ahh, So it does look like you picked up new pipes for the Duck. Did you get them through Modesto Ducati? Very nice to meet a fello Guzziest there.

Mike

good to hear Mike...  :D    crashes are like life in super slow-mo..... Nothing like a little PT to let you know you're alive...    Keep mending man.

74249[/snapback]

Carl,

I don't know what bags I want yet, I just may keep the look Nakid :P . One good thing so far, I have yet to be passed by any vehicle :grin:

Mike

Ya gonna mount soft bags or hard bags on that beast Mike?

74250[/snapback]