what to do on a rainy day

Van

laskinrainalltimef0.jpg

We are now going on for our 25th straight day of rain..............l'm going nuts!!!! :wacko:

if it rains for another 3 days we break a record.......oh yay !!!

my feet are already webbed, l think that frog in my throat has turned to a duck as l'm starting to quack instead of cough....or maybe a goose, that would be good, yeah, a goose is better than a duck, right???....................

l know, l need to ride again :race: : feel and see some sunshine :sun: fresh air, etc...so while l battle this bloody rain that is fast approaching biblical proportions, (and NO, l do NOT want to open that whole intellegent design vs evolution can of worms again)

l need a simple, do at home with very basic skills :luigi: project..... help!

Tenni is stock save for great Mistral pipes and cross-over...suggestions ??? :huh2:

easy to follow suspension set-up perhaps??

What have you fellow :sun: Tennista :wub: done to your bikes??

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Do you have a PowerCommander installed? I am trying to line up a dyno session this spring strictly for V11's to compare mapping and tweak up anyones setup. I'll post on this site if I can arrange it reasonably. Location would likely be Langley.

Try the high compression pistons. I love the midrange torque my bike makes now.

You could regrease your steering bearings and recheck the torque on all the fasteners on your bike.

How about airbox mods.

Wheely practice when it stops raining.

Lots to do!

I've left my Tenni stock since it is in Europe and I am in Saudi :(

Whenever I get to Europe, I ride so...no time to tinker. :blush:

Fortunately, the riding position seems to fit me since I have long-ish arms.

re: B.C. weather...my father was born in Nanaimo and grew up in Vancouver. We used to go back to B.C. on summer vacations when the weather is usually great. I would have loved to live there and I remember asking my dad why he didn't move back to B.C.

His stock reply was that,"it always rained there." :huh2:

Just buy some waterproof gear and go ride in the rain.  :2c:

Well if I'm caught in a rain I'll ride, If again I want to ride a place and rains I'll probably also do.

For more heavy rainy days I am already "equiped" with many videos I use to shoot on my cammera on board when on vacation-touring with my Goose.So when it rains I just flipp a video in (if there's nothing else to do) and feel like riding again.

Plus it's a good way to review how I ride and perhaps find some mistakes.

Other than that so, PC MotoGp games ,can also be recommended, or if you are into fixing stuff get these WBO2 cotrolers and tunning software and start rolling ^_^

Hé Van

Please update your Tenni registery!

You have some new members listed.

Seems a nice job for a rainy day.

I just polished the exhaust on my Tenni, looks great now.

Also had some problems solved with the battery.

Greatings

Anton

Take up hobby electronics. You can do it indoors, make an amplifier or preamp so you have something to show for it, and it's picky enough to appeal to the obsessive-compulsive but forgiving enough so that anyone can do it.

Hé Van

Please update your Tenni registery!

You have some new members listed.

Seems a nice job for a rainy day.

I just polished the exhaust on my Tenni, looks great now.

Also had some problems solved with the battery.

Greatings

Anton

74301[/snapback]

Hi Anton!!

there is an up-date coming.....l'm just too computer illiterate :doh: to do it so have to send it to Jaap to put into the site :blush:

What did you use to polish the headers??

Cheers

van

Take up hobby electronics.  You can do it indoors, make an amplifier or preamp so you have something to show for it, and it's picky enough to appeal to the obsessive-compulsive but forgiving enough so that anyone can do it.

74308[/snapback]

Hi jrt!!

never tried to do the electronics thing......too many ohms,volts amps & watts..and then there's all those coloured wires and stuff :P, no for me, l just kinda like to add gas and GO !! :grin:

Cheers

van

Hi jrt!!

never tried to do the electronics thing......too many ohms,volts amps & watts..and then there's all those coloured wires and stuff :P, no for me, l just kinda like to add gas and GO !! :grin:

Cheers

van

74667[/snapback]

Just paint it black, Van..... :ninja:

:D:D

Søren

Hi'ya tikkanen !!

...... <_ paint it black you say>

mmmm, let me think about that for a bit....NO!

ah, that would be ..NO!!

couldn't spoil the classic lines and exclusivity factor of the Tenni ya' know :D

but, say, ..."paint it black"... bet you could make up a catchey tune with that as the title. :grin:

Cheers

Van

couldn't spoil the exclusivity factor of the Tenni ya' know :D

Van

74730[/snapback]

Exclusivity??? There's at least 160 of the things... rumors have it that there may be 666 or more of them out there...

If you REALLY wanted exclusivity, you'd paint it black. Then you'd be the envy of both the Tenni's and the Scura's. You'd have the ONLY Scurenni!

Do it Van, you know you want to... It'd be WAAAAYYYY cool! :thumbsup:

Rj

If you have the garage & the tools take it apart to the best of your ability & clean it. Grease everything that needs grease, check the valves whether they need it or not, etc.

74731[/snapback]

Hi'ya richard100t !!

tools l got, garage, only so, so, ability :luigi: average, enthusiasm :D lots, yep... l think l can do that !!

Cheers

Van

Exclusivity???  There's at least 160 of the things... rumors have it that there may be 666 or more of them out there...

If you REALLY wanted exclusivity, you'd paint it black.  Then you'd be the envy of both the Tenni's and the Scura's.  You'd have the ONLY Scurenni!

Do it Van, you know you want to...  It'd be WAAAAYYYY cool!  :thumbsup:

Rj

74741[/snapback]

Hi Bad !!

an all black Tenni eh ??..........nah, lt just wouldn't work :( , it'd be one of those star crossed things, accepted by neither Tennista nor Scura's, and detested by all, :bbblll: ....nope, just couldn't do it.

However!!! :rolleyes: a Scura painted with in a '50's :mg: racing theme.......now THAT could work !! :thumbsup::grin:

Cheers

Van