Hmmmmm

guzziownr

thats whats so great about the Guzzi's I Think they defy the laws of physics or something. I can keep up if not out perform my coworkers GSXR-600 (although its a 600) untill we get to the freeway he has to change gears like a madman I just hammer through eveything. Better Acceleration than him too. But like I say on the freeway Mother nature takes over and I can't do 155mph. :huh2:

The techs begin to smile as the road speed hits 138mph(232kph)and the chassis dyno instruments read 87hp and 64 ft.lbs of torque @ 7800rpm.  2nd run was identical. 

74491[/snapback]

that's not bad at all ! Yours is a STW or a Folgore ? Supposely the Folgore, being equipped with race exhausts and supadupa Eprom, delivers 7 HP more. I don't know if they are at the wheel or on Brian's desk tho ;)

ciao, jihem:)

Supertwin, Very Cool story :mg:

No wonder the Guzzi holds the land speed record for a push rod motor :thumbsup: in more than one class. :notworthy:

I still need time to sort my engine out. It has Mike Rich ported heads with larger V11 S valves installed, V11 Cam, V11 ECU, FBF high compression pistons. It pull like a freight train from 3000 to 7000 but then it seems to fall off. I would think it would like to be up in the revs more like the V11 (loves the 5000 to 8000 rpm). Perhaps it is from the heavy flywheel :huh2: . I am thinking of installing the engine from my V11 Sport into the Folgore to do a comparison between the two.

Mike

Well, we are winding down on 2 rotors, 3 times as large as production rotors and noise(sound)emitted is a different frequency due to this.  There's also 3 times as many cross drills so the, what we refer to as "normal",sound of say a Ducati brake "moan" is expanded as well.  Yes, we could start a new thread on PERIMETER BRAKE NOISE but there's only 50 of us who could enter the discourse.

Ghezzi-Brian Supertwins=50, aren't ya' glad?  Jihem and Mike...you'll like this-

Dyno shootout at local Harley dealership...dyno runs $10.00, regularly $60.

Many H-D bikes clocking 65 horses @103mph(170kph)on a 4th gear "roll-on" so I throw down my 10 spot and hand them the keys.  The techs begin to smile as the road speed hits 138mph(232kph)and the chassis dyno instruments read 87hp and 64 ft.lbs of torque @ 7800rpm.  2nd run was identical.  Techs sat scratchin' their heads how a V-twin can spool up to 138(232kph)in 4th gear,no less, with less displacement.  Gotta' lot of interesting comments from the Techs,positive vibrations!  That was the best $10.00 I've ever spent!

74491[/snapback]

Guest ratchethack

[quote name='Mike Stewart' date='Jan 15 2006, 05:18 PM']No wonder the Guzzi holds the land speed record  for a push rod motor :thumbsup: in more than one class. :notworthy:
[/quote]
Mike, I don't mean to jump topics - really. -_- But being an incorrigible Road Geez, I'm not up on this.

What are the land speed records that Guzzi holds - and in what classes? :huh2:

Enquiring minds just gotta know. :mg:

Mike, I don't mean to jump topics - really. -_-  But being an incorrigible Road Geez, I'm not up on this. 

What are the land speed records that Guzzi holds - and in what classes? :huh2:

Enquiring minds just gotta know. :mg:

74530[/snapback]

I think this is the correct link:

http://www.cookedgoose.org/

DW

Guzzi_balloon_2.jpg

Supertwin,  Very Cool story :mg:

.  It pull like a freight train from 3000 to 7000 but then it seems to fall off. I would think it would like to be up in the revs more like the V11 (loves the 5000 to 8000 rpm).  Perhaps it is from the heavy flywheel :huh2: . Mike

To my ear, sounds that this has more to do with the mapping of the ECU. :nerd:

I am thinking of installing the engine from my V11 Sport into the Folgore to do a comparison between the two.

74526[/snapback]

...but, besides being a box off the 1100 Sport, it IS a V11 sport engine, isn't ?

ok, ok, it has different Eprom (is yours from EVR as well ?) and lightened flywheel, but basically it is a V11 motor.

By the way jihem how much do you paid to replace the front pads ?

74539[/snapback]

don't remember, it was very cheap.

I'm thinking the cost was @30.00 per side(dealer), but I'll check tomorrow. Parts Unlimited sold them until '02. Now, Sunstar represents Braking in the US which I will call tomorrow. Which compound were you interested in? The one I remember vaguely was something like LM15 or something to that.

That dyno run sounds about right... the last run I had(before the new high-comp pistons and cam) had me running about 86RWHP and 64 ft-lb.

I haven't bothered to look into any certified PCIII Dynojet centers around here to get it custom mapped again with the new parts, but think most stuff in my new neck-o-the-woods is HD centric :(

But I would be interested to see if I was able to squeeze another couple HP out with the new goodies.

al

Al, what new parts are you talking about, Cam?

Mike

That dyno run sounds about right... the last run I had(before the new high-comp pistons and cam) had me running about 86RWHP and 64 ft-lb.

I haven't bothered to look into any certified PCIII Dynojet centers around here to get it custom mapped again with the new parts, but think most stuff in my new neck-o-the-woods is HD centric  :(

But I would be interested to see if I was able to squeeze another couple HP out with the new goodies.

al

74591[/snapback]