fuel line

Guest geezerx

Guest geezerx

2000 V11 Sport: Just changed the fuel filter. The new filter is shorter than the previous filter. So now I need a longer line from the fuel pump to the filter.

That particular fuel line that I am replacing has a webbing sandwiched between two layers of rubber. In addition it has a fabric webbing (this is not a metalic heat shield) on the outside of the line and then a thin cover over that. There are no identifying markings on this line.

The fuel injection lines I am finding at the auto parts stores do not have the outer webbing and thin cover. They have just two layers of rubber with a reinforcing layer sandwiched between (which is just like the present line on the bike from the filter to the throttle body). This replacement line I am finding is marked suitable for fuel injection.

Because of the difference compared to what I am removing, I'm just not sure if what I found is ok and would be appreciative of some input on this matter.

Bruce

:stupid:

The important thing here is to buy fuel line that is rated for fuel injection use and multi fuel use!

Failure to do that will result in fuel line not rated for FI system pressures and line that will degrade internally when exposed to the crappy oxygenated and alcohol ridden stuff called gas in this country.

NAPA stores carry good line and better clamps as well. I have had good service from their line & clamps.

The silver braided stuff on top of the line may be decorative, may be a heat shield, I don't know. Makes a good rub gaurd though.