NGC - France/Germany Tourist Questions

GuzzTim

So it appears that the family Graham will hit the continent this august.. We'll be visiting rellies in UK, then take the train to Paris to show the children the place where mum & dad had a lot of fun before the kids came along and made us pretend to be responsible...... We may they go off to visit friends in Germany - around Waldorf...

Question.. Paris to Waldorf.. take the train or rent a car.. ? Car hire seems to be pretty cheap & w/ 4 people gives more flexibility to stop and sample the wine..

Thanks

...bla..  Car hire seems to be pretty cheap & w/ 4 people gives more flexibility to stop and sample the wine.. 

Thanks

74728[/snapback]

Here you are. You just answer your own question. Looks like Waldorf is in the Zwartzwald and that's nice country to be visited by car. With not too much baggage you can rent a small car, Clio or Polo and it will be not that expensive. I would recommend you, rent a car with Air-conditioning!

Have a good permanence in Europe.

Question..  Paris to Waldorf..  take the train or rent a car..  ?

74728[/snapback]

That's a tough one. I've never ridden or driven in Paris but I can imagine it wouldn't be too much fun in a car.

On the other hand, it would be nice to have a car once you get to where you're going.

I'm leaning towards the train. Big city traffic is no fun, especially in a car.

driving in paris with a car is a lot of fun. going with a car you can get more feeling with the country. Renting a car with one of the big companys, let you take a car in paris and leave it on a german airport when you leave. I have good experiences with http://www.europcar.com but there are more.

interesting planning this trip.. I think we're going to rent a car for a week just for the ability to get off the beaten path.

and of course I'll rent a V11 for me and let the wife drive the kids in the car. :race: