Breva 11s and Mountains of Parts in Seattle

Greg Field

Piaggio's parts and bikes pipeline finally opened far enough to spit thinks as far as Seattle.

I have two mountains of boxes, which represents three months of parts orders, plus two Brev 11s.

The production Breva is at least as nicely finished as the show bikes and apparently is a really nice ride (I haven't ridden it yet). One of our mechanics is German and a big BMW fan. He came back from a ride totally impressed. He said, "It is everything you could want and more." Another mechanic said, "The steering is amazing. You can slide the rear end around corners and feel totally in control the whole time. That's a hell of a nice bike." This is very encouraging.

Also encouraging: A windshield for the Breva 11 was among the parts mountain, as were some Breva 11 spares we had ordered. Maybe they really are serious about supporting this thing?

The new valve-cover gaskets are really slick and look like they'll work on the older machines. And the new timing-cover gasket is so similar to the old that it suggests that it would not be too difficult to adapt the new timing cover (with alternator mounts) to the older engines. My Ballabio may soon have an alternator . . .

More when I have shipped the mountain of parts . . .

And the new timing-cover gasket is so similar to the old that it suggests that it would not be too difficult to adapt the new timing cover (with alternator mounts) to the older engines.

74922[/snapback]

I was favorably impressed with the one I saw here in Iowa. Very nice finish. The thing I thought was weird was that the ergonomics were just like the Breva 750, only on a bigger bike. Very cool, since the 750 is a pretty comfortable bike for me.