Vancouver Bike Show

Steve G.

If I can get Steve to buy me enough beer Friday then maybe I won't be too thirsty Saturday and can buy you one. I'll be there Saturday afternoon as well.

75779[/snapback]

:drink: , :bier: , :drink: , :thumbsup:

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Hi Jim,

I was looking for Ya buddy. I was manning the booth [right by the beer garden as it were] from 4-6. My brother said you stopped by, but it's tough to find someone there. Next time. I looked over at the beer garden, jut a bunch of Canadian swill anyways. Wait till I finish my latest IPA, I'll invite all Guzzi owners over to my place for a beer session. IPA and Stilton sound good?

Did anything catch your eye, besides Moto Guzzi's complete absence? The big Kawi 1400 Ninja looks like a giant bug with it's multiple headlights. Honda's a big yawn. Yamaha's R1 is still the nicest looking superbike for me. Suzuki is still all about boy racer graphics. We finally have a Ural rep [for those who venture down that path] but the price is silly expensive. But lately with bike shows, it really is all about CHOPPERS, CHOPPERS, CHOPPERS! I can't take too much of this stuff anymore. I must admit I'm close to getting one of those Kendon bike lifts. The local rep [White Rock] has a show sale that's cheaper than the sale price on Kendon USA's site. I know there's a Chinese unit there, but I don't have the room for either that one or the Handy.

Speaking of Chinese, I think we are seeing the tip of the iceberg, as I counted 8 manufacturers of mini bikes and quads etc, mostly all absolute crap, but still there. The Korean Hoysung [sorry about spelling] has a SV650 copy, a bit better than the Chinese, but not that a competitive price compared to Suzuki. I can't see myself ever going down that route. I still try to find non Chinese cloths and boots. It's tough.

Ciao, Steve G.

I xame by twice about 5:30 and 7:00 or so. I even checked the beer garden but I didn't look under the tables. I'm back again today (free tickets too) but I have to say that nothing really caught my eye.

The MT-01 is OK. Better finished than the showbike. I agree with you about the R1 but I did like the colours of the GSXR 750. The 1000 qnd 600 were blaah.

I talked to the Piaggio guys. They will be the importers of Guzzi, Aprilia and all the scooters as of early April. The bikes will come directly to Canada and they will stock parts as well. They expect prices to drop on almost everything. The Breva 1100 and the Griso are expecred here around May so they will be 2007 models. They are also planning on a racing program that includes Guzzi for the ThunderTwins series back east. I asked if they would provide travel money but ...

I saw Brian Robson. He is still thrashing his R1 throught the rain. He plans on buying a Griso when the come available.

I got quite a laugh at the Hyosung 250 cc V-Rod!! Chrome for the masses!!!!

Let me know when the IPA is ready and I'll find the Stilton!!!

Went back again Saturday and managed to miss Van. Bloody cel phones work like crap in that building. I didn't see Ryan there either and I couldn't find Dirty Bill.

I have to say that the MT-01 had the best looking aftermarket exhaust. That is about all I have to say about the bike show but I will post some pictures later.