Inforad-GPS radar warning

wambiker

Hi Alex,according to the blurb that came with the unit it covers France, Germany, Benelux, Austria and Switzerland.The cable port on the database unit attaches to an adapter with a standard USB lead to attach to your PC. The Antenna is hard wired to the unit and does not have bluetooth capability.

I drive fire engines for a living so appreciate the results of inapropriate speed at first hand, but also the results of drunk drivers, unlicenced drivers, joyriders, mobile phone users and any other number of useless gits, none of whom get caught by bloody cameras. I was knocked off on my way to work by an unlicenced woman driver, who had no insurance but was still prepared to take her young children to school half a mile from home, happy in the knowledge she was extremely unlikely to be caught unless something else happened.

Sorry I'll shut up now.

Cheers Gary. :bier:

75841[/snapback]

Yep thanks for the infos.The often changing limmit is a tricky thing.Well who can concentrate on real problems like unlicensed drivers and so on,cameras are fast money for the govs and so they do that. And we have to do our stuff. They have become nothing more than tax and fine collectors.

There is this kind of plexiglass cover that many people put over the licence plate ,here. The plexi is clear (other types -colorations ,are available )and doesn't allow any camera flash get anything than a big white thing on the photo...lol...never tried it but I know it works :grin: , so perhaps...... :rolleyes:

Dunno any of these spray-over hype is true.

Guzzirider hadn't seen that one, had to check it wasn't April first. It absolutely buggers belief that a-someone could come up with this bloody stupid idea(you can imagine what sort of git would apply for the job) and b-probably gets paid extremely well for such Bollox. I seem to recall that exceeding the speed limit to overtake was acceptable as long as the speed is returned to legal limit once the manouvre was completed-within reason. And to use the left hand lane where ever possible except for overtaking then move back left. So these people would be going against the governments own highway code? Is it just me or are the lunatics firmly in charge of the asylum now? I retire in 4 years and will leave this country a fast as wheels will allow-about20 MPH by then at this rate.

Cheers gary :bier:

Incidentally, some of you may not be aware that it is an offence in France to drive a vehicle equipped with ANY sort of device which warns the driver of speed cameras or radar. You could get a very heavy, on the spot fine for doing so.

Same in Holland

Government and agencies are not really serious, if they were we wouldn't have brightly coloured fixed cameras to catch you. If they were really serious cameras would be hidden  and mobile.

We have both... :angry:

DSC01131.jpg

they're talking of doing it here as i allways thoughy they would.the system is allready in place .gantrys over all major highways and motorways all around 200 km appart now only used for heavy transport movements. and yes its long been an offence to use any device to warn of speed cameras or radars here.

Several of the turnpikes in the US already use this timing approach between toll booths.

I was raked over the coals a few years back on the PA turnpike for averaging too much speed.  :2c:

75783[/snapback]

Same in Holland

We have both...  :angry:

76234[/snapback]

That is just too damn sneeky for words, I bet they have to keep an army of coppers in the bushes to protect the bloody thing form getting cremated-from vast experience wheelie bins burn very well and virtually explode when you hit burning ones with water! its a favorite pastime in my station area for the kids setting fire to them.

Although I did see a speed trap in Liverpool a couple of months ago , on a junction of a side road off an inner city dual carriegway there was a very attractive woman stood on the corner apparently waiting for someone, with a large handbag. when I got close enough (I was coming form another side road opposite the one she was on) I could see 5-6 police cars and a couple of bikes all ready to come out to the dual carriegeway and the womans handbag was a speed camera in a sling arrangement around her shoulder, when she caught some one one of the back-up vehicles was sprinting out into the rush hour traffic to stop the vehicle. This was a busy road, and again as it is in my station area I know we do not attend many accidents here(1 in the last five years I can remember) so compared to other local roads is a very safe one, can only see it as a very sneeky and cynical money making scheme.

Cheers Gary.