Cafe Calabria

Steve G.

Then there's always the Moto International open house in late April via the scenic route. Sumas > Mt Baker back-way twisties > Hiway 9. Return via Chuckanut Dr.

There's probably an opportunity to test drive a Breva 1100 & of course a shwack of Guzzis of every sort & description.

77101[/snapback]

I'm up for it - what weekend is that?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have emailed Moto International to get the date for their open house. I'll pass on the info when I get it.

There is a possibility that a good portion of the road to Mt Baker may be gravel from a washout and flooding last year. Chuckanut is fun on a quiet sunny day.

Mt Baker Rd

A nice trip would be the North Cascades to Winthrop DH1 then on to the Coulee dam and then north to Grand Forks BC. Then return through Rock Creek to Osoyoos and a drive up through the wine country then back down to Keremeos and take the Hope Princeton back to the valley. I havn't been to the North Cascades but I have flown over the area and it looks incredible as is the Okanogan and I know the Canadian side well. I guess it would best be a 3 day trip if you want to relax a bit on the way (especially in the wine country).

I need to buy the Washington Destination Highways guidebook to plan these routes a little better!

A nice trip would be the North Cascades to Winthrop DH1 then on to the Coulee dam and then north to Grand Forks BC. Then return through Rock Creek to Osoyoos and a drive up through the wine country then back down to Keremeos and take the Hope Princeton back to the valley. I havn't been to the North Cascades but I have flown over the area and it looks incredible as is the Okanogan and I know the Canadian side well. I guess it would best be a 3 day trip if you want to relax a bit on the way (especially in the wine country).

I need to buy the Washington Destination Highways guidebook to plan these routes a little better!

77316[/snapback]

Hi Jim,

That's an annual ride for the group I run with. A 2 dayer for sure, but 3 would allow for wine tasting!

That road from Concrete to Winthrop has really gotten screwed up lately by speed tax collectors, I've gotten nailed by that guy who lives in Marblemount every bloody year for the last 3. Last year I got it just after passing 2 Harley's on a double yellow line, that were holding me up big time. As I remember they were holding up a logging truck too!

Ciao, Steve G.

ROAD TRIP ! ROAD TRIP !!!!

Hi all you Pacific west and wet coasters,

l 'd like to make the ltalian car/bike day at Lonsdale Quay the start point for a little road trip, it would be just great to put the wind up all the Duck guys who think that they are "the" ltalian bike by having a dozen Guzzi's there. (Last year the Lamborgini guys really put the wind up the Ferrari blokes by pitching up on mass in a convoy of about 20 cars...fun to watch and listen to)

the route from Van - Oysoyoos-RockCreek-GrandCoulee dam-Winthrop-Cascades, or the other way around is a great idea...did it with my son last year and had a blast!!

it's JUNE 18th, Fathers Day

who's in??

:bier:

Cheers

Van

I can do wheelies to show them Ducati guys a thing or two.......Wait. I have a Ducati too. Oh well. Trust me. I'll find an excuse to pull wheelies!!

78084[/snapback]

Can you wheelie do a wheelie, wheelie well on a goose?? :grin:

(sorry, got caught up in the word thing there)

l,m wheelie starting to look forward to a gathering of northern Geese this summer!!

roll on summer!...er, is that how you do wheelie's? or do you just dump the clutch and reef on the bars????

:bier:

Cheers

Van

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys you can add me to the list for the Italian show in North Van. I went last year but in my cage. :( This time I will bring the bike. Oh let me introduce myself, I'm Zoltan from Abbotsford and I ride a 2001 V11 Sport (green).

By the way Steve G. I heard that there was another Guzzi like mine somewhere in Langley or Surrey from the looks of it its you!

Hey guys you can add me to the list for the Italian show in North Van.  I went last year but in my cage. :(  This time I will bring the bike.  Oh let me introduce myself, I'm Zoltan from Abbotsford and I ride a 2001 V11 Sport (green).

By the way Steve G. I heard that there was another Guzzi like mine somewhere in Langley or Surrey from the looks of it its you!

80789[/snapback]

Hi Zoltan,

Yes it could be mine. There is another lad who I think lives in Surrey, and an old riding friend who lives in Walnut Grove who recently sold his green one. So, up until recently [6 months] there were 3 green ones residing within 5 miles of each other. I'm wondering if you are the present owner of that bike? Did you buy yours new or used?

Ciao, Steve G.

When is this Italian day?

I 'm coming over to the island, visiting the inlaws, about the 10th of june for 10 days, and wouldn't mind having a look. I won't have the bike obviously, but it will be an excuse to stretch the legs of the corvair. I presume it's on in Vancouver itself, any details?

When is this Italian day?

I 'm coming over to the island, visiting the inlaws, about the 10th of june for 10 days, and wouldn't mind having a look. I won't have the bike obviously, but it will be an excuse to stretch the legs of the corvair. I presume it's on in Vancouver itself, any details?

80827[/snapback]

I think it is Fathers Day which is June 18 so come on over. Keep in touch and we'll make sure you are well looked after.

Hi Zoltan,

Yes it could be mine. There is another lad who I think lives in Surrey, and an old riding friend who lives in Walnut Grove who recently sold his green one. So, up until recently [6 months] there were 3 green ones residing within 5 miles of each other. I'm wondering if you are the present owner of that bike? Did you buy yours new or used?

Ciao, Steve G.

80815[/snapback]

Hey Steve,

I bought it used from Daytona in Surrey last year(April, I think). She needed to be rescued and I couldn't resist her good looks! :wub:

Daytona got it from British Italian in Vancouver, who was the dealer that originally sold it and then took it back on a trade-in. By the way, do you know what the production numbers were for these bikes per year? Mine is a 2001, I don't know which years they made the green ones like yours and mine.

See ya, Zoltan

Hey Steve,

I bought it used from Daytona in Surrey last year(April, I think).  She needed to be rescued and I couldn't resist her good looks! :wub:

Daytona got it from British Italian in Vancouver, who was the dealer that originally sold it and then took it back on a trade-in.  By the way, do you know what the production numbers were for these bikes per year?  Mine is a 2001, I don't know which years they made the green ones like yours and mine.

See ya, Zoltan

80866[/snapback]

Well, I don't have actual production numbers in front of me. But by elimination of other models, and having a basic idea on total bikes made out of Mandello, which is around 5000-7000 bikes. Eliminating the 750's of various model, all the California based models, including the Calfornia, Stone, etc, and the V11 based machines including, the limited edition Rosso, which I think batched out at 300. This leaves the V11 Sport in green, black, and silver. I'll take a generous guess of 600 in each color. Any way you swing the numbers, these bikes out of Mandello are among the smallest production street bikes made in the current era. Smaller numbers than even MV Agusta. Moto Guzzi's production numbers will never be as small and exclusive as Laverda, but then I would say this is a large reason Laverda is no longer making bikes. Ducati's numbers are much bigger than anything else in Italia now.

Ciao, Steve G.

I was able to get some information from Moto International about the open house this year. It seems that it may not happen. There is a bit of a squabble between the other two dealers who participate so it has been called off until that can be settled. If it is not settled Dave may host his own, albeit smaller open house. I hope to be informed of whichever way it goes.