Latest Guzzisti joins the fold

jrt

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys.  I appreciate the sentiments very much.  Now, it may not mean anything, but just to add to the speculation, you should know that Pontiac made a car in '64-65 called a Catalina.  Also, a band (an excellent band, I might add) by the name of Big Sandy and his Fly-Rite Boys has a song named 'Catalina', which of course has become her theme song.  Had she been born a day later (Feb. 1), then she would have had the entire Beatles Album 'Sgt. Pepper's'...which was cut on Feb. 1, incidentally my lovely wife's birthday.  We didn't plan the confluence of birthdays, I can tell you, but it sure makes life easier for me.

Again- thanks for your thoughts.  Sonya and I very much appreciate them.

:bier:

77202[/snapback]

Jeez,that's a relief.

I just knew,as a scientist,you'd never call your lovely daughter after a harbour,for gods sake.

As my youngest,Boggy Moorland says,a girls name is important. :D

As my youngest,Boggy Moorland says,a girls name is important. :D

:P

Here's what first born daughters grow up to be . . .

That'll work for me.

here's some more Catalina lore if'n y'er startin' up the Catalina Story Book

Thanks for the info on the PBY. That was one of my favorite models as a kid- that and the A-10. I didn't know the Cats were built in SoCal, though. I'll definitely make a note of that. Who knows, she may live there some day and be happy that they named an island after her.

I thought these bikes were for the lower rung.

Dude, you should think more highly of yourself. You're practically royalty in a Hamlet sort of way. There's no Denmark smilie, so this has to do- :nl: