Latest Guzzisti joins the fold

jrt

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JRT, congratulations for you and your wife. For me it was the most special moment I had in my life. Girls are great!. Make shure you take your time to enjoy it. Not only this week, but also the next years. They are big before you know. Mine is 13 now.

Sure you could of, if you prepared yourself by ritually bleeding yourself every month, and every week torturing yourself with EpiLady or hot wax. :lol:

Congratulations!

cigar.jpg

BEST PICTURE I COULD FIND OF A CIGAR...

77048[/snapback]

you just don't know how to look man, JRT have some of each of these for me, Congrats, kids are great.

IMG_0551.jpg

Guest ratchethack
Salvador Dali was born in Catalina, Spain but I think that the naming of Jason's daughter would be the domain of Jason and his wife. I prefer to leave any explanations up to them.

It is a very beautiful sounding name.

77139[/snapback]

Not to be a picker of nits, but a lil' girl's namesake is important! :whistle:

I think you'll find that Dali was born in Figueras, Catalonia, Spain. -_-

There's a Santa Catalina, Spain, but I don't know if Dali ever painted or sculpted there? :huh2:

Thanks guys. I appreciate the sentiments very much. Now, it may not mean anything, but just to add to the speculation, you should know that Pontiac made a car in '64-65 called a Catalina. Also, a band (an excellent band, I might add) by the name of Big Sandy and his Fly-Rite Boys has a song named 'Catalina', which of course has become her theme song. Had she been born a day later (Feb. 1), then she would have had the entire Beatles Album 'Sgt. Pepper's'...which was cut on Feb. 1, incidentally my lovely wife's birthday. We didn't plan the confluence of birthdays, I can tell you, but it sure makes life easier for me.

Again- thanks for your thoughts. Sonya and I very much appreciate them.

:bier:

Not to be a picker of nits, but a lil' girl's namesake is important! :whistle:

I think you'll find that Dali was born in Figueras, Catalonia, Spain. -_-

There's a Santa Catalina, Spain, but I don't know if Dali ever painted or sculpted there? :huh2:

77164[/snapback]

You are right. In my haste I noted the street he lived on as his home town - 'Avenida del Catalina de Santa' I think.

Jason, my most hearty congratulations (again!) to you and your family!

IMHO, your choice of name for your daughter is simply SUPERLATIVE!

Catalina is one of the most magical places on earth, IMHO!

Avalon Harbor, Catalina

77127[/snapback]

One of my best work buddy's daughter is named Avalon, after Avalon Harbor.

She just graduated from UC Berkeley (Coincidentally where Jason and Sonya got their PhDs)

But she is a city engineer or something, not a chemist, PTL.

Congrats to you and your wife! I have 2 daughters and 2 sons it will change your life ...for the better! Take time to enjoy her when shes little cause they grow up way to fast.

God bless, waspp

Hey that Pontiac catalina was an awesome car!

One of my best work buddy's daughter is named Avalon, after Avalon Harbor.

She just graduated from UC Berkeley (Coincidentally where Jason and Sonya got their PhDs)

But she is a city engineer or something, not a chemist, PTL.

77217[/snapback]

there's PHD's on here???? and they ride Guzzi's???? now way. I thought these bikes were for the lower rung.

vim_strip1874.gif

Guest ratchethack
...just to add to the speculation, you should know that Pontiac made a car in '64-65 called a Catalina.  Also, a band (an excellent band, I might add) by the name of Big Sandy and his Fly-Rite Boys has a song named 'Catalina', which of course has become her theme song. 

Jason, FYI - here's some more Catalina lore if'n y'er startin' up the Catalina Story Book. It looks like y'er well underway already...

I figure if y'er gonna tell her eventually about the Wide Track Pontiac with her name on it, you ought not neglect proper mention of the plane, too. -_-

Between 1935 and 1945, 73% (2,398) of the PBY Catalina flying boat (Patrol Bombers) ever made worldwide were built in San Diego by Consolidated Aircraft. The actual buildings where they were built are still there today, just off Pacific Coast Hwy., as is the huge concrete ramp into San Diego Harbor, where they rolled 'em out of final inspection into the water and took 'em off. :sun::whistle:

EDIT: Just got the final skinny on this part, hadn't had the full picture 'til I looked it up. It was the RAF gave the plane the universal name, "Catalina" that "stuck" worldwide. They named it after the island off California, previously mentioned above. We sail straight into Avalon Harbor out of San Diego Harbor - it's 75 nautical miles. I'm sure Catalina will appreciate all of this - eventually....hey - it could happen! :lol:

She might be small, but she is mighty as they say. 

On tuesday, my wife gave birth to our first child- a daughter. 

Congrats on your first one. Here's what first born daughters grow up to be . . .

33245413-4e12-028001E0-.jpg