V-twin freak, buys first guzzi!

Guest vratbastard

Guest vratbastard

My name is Alex (member name: vratbastard) and I'm a v-twin freak, lol!

I have recently purchased a 2000 Moto Guzzi v11 Sport Naked, it will be my first Guzzi. Although I've had other italian bikes, ducatis mostly. I think it will fit my needs nicely. Having had a laundry list sportbikes (ducati paso 906, FZRs, 2003 R6, CBR F3, and lastly 2 Suzuki TL1000Rs) I've found that they were for the most part impractical for much of the riding that I do. Yes the repli racers are fast, handle and stop great. But, I just don't think most daily riders like myself are able to use those bikes to their full potential on the street (legally!) on a day to day basis.

I think Erik Buell said it best "Out in the real world, it's not about lap times. It's about fun." So in choosing my "new" bike I didn't necessarily look at the specs, although the guzzi is by no means a slouch in power and handling. Nor is it the fastest or the lightest either by any stretch of the imagination! It's the combination of characteristics that make or break a bike for me, and the guzzi v11 sport has that combo.

Plus it's Italian what more could you ask for? :grin:

I located in downtown denver so I'm looking forward to hitting the hills with some local guzzis this springs,wohooo! Please keep me posted.

Guest vratbastard
Welcome VB.  You're gonna love your V11 and exploring this very informative and entertaining forum. 

Posts away . . . . . . . . . . . . . :drink:

77186[/snapback]

Well I'm pretty spoiled from www.tlplanet.com but, you have to think about the group base too. They made a whole hell of alot more Suzuki TL's (or "Duzukis", lol!) than they have done V11's so it'll be a toss up. I'm still reading/learning about guzzis though, that's part of reason why I bought a Guzzi in the first place. Learning how to fix/modify/tweak a different motorcycle!

Plus I just miss having Italian machinery around. Hopefully it'll be better than my old Paso 906 but, that's not too hard to do, lol!

Well I'm pretty spoiled from www.tlplanet.com but, you have to think about the group base too.  . . .

77189[/snapback]

I used to frequent TLPlanet when I was condisering buying a TLR. I ended up with an aprilia, but got the guzzi bug after losing my priller in a little off.