Tank Bags

Guest MikeC

What are you guys using and your likes and dislikes.  Recommandations appreciated.

Mike

77380[/snapback]

I'm using the factory issue one, very happy with it, as long as you put protective tape on the tank where the front straps wrap around the headstock. On a par with a BMW tank bag.

Ciao, Steve G.

Factory bag here as well. Ditto foam pads as foward tank edges. Fits well. Nice backpack straps if you need to carry it away from bike. k

I use the Baglux/bagster system.

It's pricey and I tend have the harness on the bike all the time.

There is a choice of different sized bags that clip to it.

I've run it to the problem on the biggest bag touches the kill switch at full lock.

The web site is a bit of a mess when it comes to finding the right one for the various v11 models I've have put links on here before.

I think its quality kit and recommend it.

Guest rosso mandello

Factory bag here as well, did an 4000 km tour from Denmark through Germany, over the Stelvis to Mandello, to France to visit Alpe Duez and then home in one stretch 1800 km.Total 6 days, had all my stuff in there.

Who needs More.

mogens.

Dan,

I have one on order.  I also ordered the "slip not tubes" and "accessory strap".

Exactly what I was looking for.

Mike

78067[/snapback]

Glad to be of help Mike. It is the perfect size for odds & ends, garage door opener, keys and the like. The slip-not tubes are not necessary, the bike's chin pad holds it firmly in place.

Glad to be of help Mike. It is the perfect size for odds & ends, garage door opener, keys and the like. The slip-not tubes are not necessary, the bike's chin pad holds it firmly in place.

78169[/snapback]

Dan,

The lady I spoke to said they are to protect the tank from the straps. They were cheap as was the accessory strap. Can't wait to get everything.

Where are you attaching the front and rear straps to on the bike?

Mike

Dan,

The lady I spoke to said they are to protect the tank from the straps.  They were cheap as was the accessory strap.  Can't wait to get everything.

Where are you attaching the front and rear straps to on the bike?

Mike

78227[/snapback]

Typical tank bag mount. I just looped the front strap around the frame in front of the tank. In the rear there is a single strap that I have attached to the gas tank mounting bolt.