Rear brake pedal

wambiker

Hi all, while turning round in the car park at Vernyw yesterday, my foot shot slipped and ended up dropping my V11, fortunately more sidways than forward motion, it fired me across the bike and up the car park like a ball much to the amusements of my mates. :grin: So now know, at least at slow speed, that the cylinder/head protectors work as the bike settled onto them the mirror and footpeg. The only casualty apart from pride was the rear brake pedal that snapped in two. Carried on for the rest of the day and it is amazing how much you can miss the use of a brake that really is only used to balance the back end into corners. Took the lever to a mate who is a brilliant welder in anything steel s/s or ally for him to have a look at, he fell about saying he can weld most things but not the pigeon snot this was made of. A new one is £60, so am going to try some of the guzzi breakers.

Cheers Gary. :bier:

:mg:

Nightmare!

Loose, wet gravel + parking speeds = £££££££

We've most of us done it.

Commiserations.

Don't give up on the broken pedal, though. I got a talented mate to neatly weld a Ducati one some time ago that can't have been made out of anything better than the Guzzi's. You'll then have a spare one..............just in case!

Hi all, while turning round in the car park at Vernyw yesterday, my foot shot slipped and ended up dropping my V11, fortunately more sidways than forward motion, it fired me across the bike and up the car park like a ball much to the amusements of my mates.  :grin: So now know, at least at slow speed, that the cylinder/head protectors work as the bike settled onto them the mirror and footpeg. The only casualty apart from pride was the rear brake pedal that snapped in two. Carried on for the rest of the day and it is amazing how much you can miss the use of a brake that really is only used to balance the back end into corners. Took the lever to a mate who is a brilliant welder in anything steel s/s or ally for him to have a look at, he fell about saying he can weld most things but not the pigeon snot this was made of. A new one is £60, so am going to try some of the guzzi breakers.

77483[/snapback]

Sorry to hear about your mishap Gary.

Makes me feel better that I dropped mine on to my leg/panniers/head guard on the ferry to Ireland last year. I damaged my plug cap, broke a front indicator lens off and put a crack into the fairing screen blade, could only limp for two days but once the lens was duct taped back on on problems with rideability. The stiff leg was worth not losing the brake pedal

Sorry to hear about your mishap Gary.

Makes me feel better that I dropped mine on to my leg/panniers/head guard on the ferry to Ireland last year. I damaged my plug cap, broke a front indicator lens off and put a crack into the fairing screen blade, could only limp for two days but once the lens was duct taped back on on problems with rideability. The stiff leg was worth not losing the brake pedal

77511[/snapback]

at least yours didn't get backed over right in front of your eyes while choking on a burrito. :food::homer::angry:

maybe better than doing it yourself but then I could have killed someone with the blind rage and all. :ninja: if I did it myself I'd be more ok with it.

Hi all, while turning round in the car park at Vernyw yesterday, my foot shot slipped and ended up dropping my V11, fortunately more sidways than forward motion, it fired me across the bike and up the car park like a ball much to the amusements of my mates.  :grin: So now know, at least at slow speed, that the cylinder/head protectors work as the bike settled onto them the mirror and footpeg. The only casualty apart from pride was the rear brake pedal that snapped in two. Carried on for the rest of the day and it is amazing how much you can miss the use of a brake that really is only used to balance the back end into corners. Took the lever to a mate who is a brilliant welder in anything steel s/s or ally for him to have a look at, he fell about saying he can weld most things but not the pigeon snot this was made of. A new one is £60, so am going to try some of the guzzi breakers.

77483[/snapback]

Have you no duct tape,cable ties or jubilee clips? :o

You can fix ANYTHING with them.Might not look pretty,but it'll work.

To keep you on the road,how about sandwiching the broken bits with a thin strip of steel above/below the pedal,held together with jubilee clips.To keep it together,cable ties(or if you're feeling flush,locking wire)through the slots,and pull it tight.

If you've got no steel handy,buy a couple of 150mm rules and use that.

To keep you on the road,how about sandwiching the broken bits with a thin strip of steel above/below the pedal,held together with jubilee clips.To keep it together,cable ties(or if you're feeling flush,locking wire)through the slots,and pull it tight.

77517[/snapback]

ABS by BigJ :P

77517[/snapback]

You've done this before, I'll guess!

77517[/snapback]

Cheers Big J, that was going to be tomorrow mornings entertainment, I've got some 16 gauge stainless sheet I'll cut it to shape then sandwich the two halves and bolt the lot together, failing that duct tape and cable ties it is :P

Its nice to know I'm not the only one, and I'm sure Baldini could here the swearing, just above my MATES!! laughing. And at least I didn't have to watch it happen, and I would swap a stiff leg for not having to buy another pedal too.

Cheers Gary :bier:

Have a look at the billet foot controls thread in the technical topics MPH cycles do a billet rear brake leaver for $115USD plus shipping. Find a specailst Aluminium welder they genrally can weld it for a modest fee it won't be pretty though. I'm still waiting for Rosso Purro to get back to me might be time to get a Stien Dinse catalogue.