Tents

grossohc

I'm quite partial to my MSR Hubba Hubba (yes, that's the name) tent:

An interior camera-phone picture of the tent

33383796_2fc871a440_o.jpg

It has doors on both sides, and its vertical ends allow you to sit up in more of the space:

16457456_2b92920242.jpg

And the tent fits in one 30-L saddlebag (with room to spare), while my sleeping bag fits in the other (thanks to compression straps). Clothes go on top in the Cortech tail bag:

15462632_fc501589a6.jpg

Very pricey. No poles at all!

AirZone

77855[/snapback]

You just love to push the limits on your bike's electrical system! :lol:

I suppose you could get enough power if you dim the headlight and rev the engine up in the campground :P

Otherwise the CO2 inflator looks like a good thing, but using N2O would be more fun :grin:

If you're on a really tight budget,or stuck,a couple of heavy duty bin liners keeps the damp off pretty good.

78113[/snapback]

I made that mistake once. After a week of being beasted about Salisbury Plain. On the last night too knackered to make up my bivey, and just crawled in to the large thick plastic sack that all my kit had come in out of stores, which had been save to use as a ground sheet. Woke up in the middle of the night wringing wet :(

Need space to breathe and a bit of ventilation.

the tent i take most is my great outdoors, made in nz and weights just 1.75 kg and takes up very little space.bought originaly for back packing. when i was much younger and much more energetic. but realised after discusion on tents [ last trip] that i had been using it for 20 years this year. very quick to put up,and pull down. was not cheap at time of purchase,but has surved me well.

If you are only going to use it once or twice a year, pick up something inexpensive as long as it has a rainfly. I had a 3 man coleman I got for my son in Boy Scouts 10 years ago and it has lasted quite a while with minimal use.

Recently I've been using it more and getting ready to get something better. I'm thinking of one of the Mountain Hardwear tents or possibly a Big Agnes. Both pack small, have decent sized vestibules, and are highly rated.

On the sleeping bag, I picked up a warm weather down bag that packs super small and I also carry a polar fleece bag liner. The two together pack smaller than any regular bag I've seen and provide more options for differing temperatures.

And always have a decent sleeping pad. Critical to staying warm.