Must see video...

Guest AdamofKC

A common situation, I'm sure we have all had near misses that could have ended like that. However Police Roadcraft style training ensures that we should be one step ahead of the game, certainly watching the guy at the junction very carefully to make sure that he's seen us and probably slowing down anyway expecting that he will pull out. It's the only way to survive.

I'm sure many of you have had advanced training and I'm sure its saved you on many occasions...it certainly has saved me a few times.

Ride safe.

A common situation, I'm sure we have all had near misses that could have ended like that. However Police Roadcraft style training ensures that we should be one step ahead of the game, certainly watching the guy at the junction very carefully to make sure that he's seen us and probably slowing down anyway expecting that he will pull out. It's the only way to survive.

I'm sure many of you have had advanced training and I'm sure its saved you on many occasions...it certainly has saved me a few times.

Ride safe.

77966[/snapback]

indeed, and the secret is knowing when to slow down, any dork can go fast anywhere.

I am totally religious to that rule: any doubt whatsoever and I'll slow down.

Guest PAULSMART

Waste of time trying to educate car drivers, we as bike riders should be two steps ahead of the situation, and never be in a position to get t-boned.

ride defensively - and you will never be the victim of such incidents at junctions.

Got to look after yourself!!!

However, there will always be some twat (usally in a BMW) who is so dangerous that it will be impossible to predict, anticipate and avoid, but if you worried about that, then stay in bed.

:bike::bike::bike::bike::bike:

Paul

Waste of time trying to educate car drivers, we as bike riders should be two steps ahead of the situation, and never be in a position to get t-boned.

ride defensively - and you will never be the victim of such incidents at junctions.

Got to look after yourself!!!

However, there will always be some twat (usally in a BMW) who is so dangerous that it will be impossible to predict, anticipate and avoid, but if you worried about that, then stay in bed.

:bike:  :bike:  :bike:  :bike:  :bike:

Paul

78032[/snapback]

The closest I've come is a guy who sat at the junction until I was about 20metre/yards away, then _looking me in the eye_ pulled out. Luckily I had somehow anticipated that it was going to happen, managed to brake hard enough and in time and just creased his door. Possibly, I could have stopped before that..... If I'd chosen that moment to glance away, I would have hit him much harder.

That's once in over 30 years' riding. The only time _I've_ been hit was when waiting to turn right and I got hit from behind.

I love predicting what other road users are going to do when I'm in a car with someone. They think I'm a wizard.

mike

I believe, every one, or at least the most of us are also car drivers.

In a cross point like this I am just looking for some bike. I always let them trough even if I have to go first.

Jee, man, it have once happens to me too. But to me was the back side of a car. This bitc…sorry, this woman stops suddenly, There was none reaction possible for me to stop the Le Mans in time. She says “you stupid motorcycle driver, “you have to respect the distance”

She stops for the “zebra” and there was nobody there to cross over the street.

I say it to her, she say to me “I stop the car just in case someone appear with the intention to cross over”

I’ve never hit a woman; this time was the right opportunity to change the rules.

Be calm in every situation, if this do not help, try to count until ten and than …..hit the bitch!