rear wheel washers?

kaput

Wrestled my rear wheel off yesterday (2003 sport 10,000 miles) due to the failed wheel bearings problem that others have also reported. I had jrt's beautifully machined extra length spacer on hand (thanks jrt!) and was anxious to replace the bearings and install the extra length spacer.

My question is - does anyone else's rear wheel contain 2 thin washers that go on either side of the final drive box or right next to each bearing. I do not see these items in the parts drawing of the rear wheel.

With wheel removed I count two thin wahers (described above), 1 thicker washer that goes with the rear wheel nut, one spacer sleeve, rubber cap and the spindle.

Did I get some extra parts or do I need thicker glasses?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Kaput

There's a thin washer sits between drive box & s/a. It's shown on rear drive box parts diag not on wheel diag.

Can't think what second washer may be, unless assy is incorrect?... Diag shows thin washer sits inboard of drive box inner bearing, but that should not be evident unless that bearing is out.

KB :sun:

PS Jason - if you do anymore them spacers I'd like one please.....

Thank you Paul and Baldini for answering. I think I understand what both of you are referring to. Looks like maybe something was installed incorrectly.

Kaput