Front Mudguard extension for a V11

Jock Guzzi

On the first V11 I had the dealer recommended a plastic extension to the front mudguard to keep as much crud as possible off the front of the engine. I've just phoned him so I can get another one for my new Ballabio but he can't remember where he got it from (fair enough as it was nearly 6 years ago). I think you can just see it on the picture below.

Just wondered if anyone had fitted a similar extension and could point me in the right direction.

Cheers.

DSCF0020.JPG

It looks like the "fenda extenda" I just put on my Le Mans.  I read somewhere (here probably) that the extension for the SV650 was close and so it is.  Not perfect, but close enough for me ;)

(please excuse the dripping mud in the photo...it's been raining here)

guzzi-extenda.jpg

79202[/snapback]

How does that go on the fender...glue? k

How does that go on the fender...glue? k

79203[/snapback]

There is a tape strip designed to hold it in place while you screw 4 self-tapping screws (supplied) through the extension and into the inside of the fender. Because the extension isn't a perfect fit I couldn't get the tape to hold so I just used a small clamp to hold it in place while I screwed it down. The screws are of a correct length and don't penetrate to the outside of the fender. :thumbsup:

I'm not sure how stable the extension is and how much force it can handle. I figure if it's still on by winter's end and I still like it I may permanently secure it with some strong adhesive.

It looks like the "fenda extenda" I just put on my Le Mans.  I read somewhere (here probably) that the extension for the SV650 was close and so it is.  Not perfect, but close enough for me ;)

(please excuse the dripping mud in the photo...it's been raining here)

guzzi-extenda.jpg

79202[/snapback]

I read somewhere that the aprilia RSV fender is a virtual match for the '02 and newer V11's.

Thanks for the replies guys, as usual all very helpful.

It would be great to get all the options and see which one fits best but the mention of the NTV seems to ring a bell in the back of my mind so perhaps that is what I had the last time.