MGS01 is racing at Daytona!

Paul Minnaert

...then there are the elusive Petronas bikes in WSBK but seemingly never seen on the road.

79576[/snapback]

Sure they are. In Myanmar, circling the base of the Petronas towers.

Homologation is smoke & mirrors: go to Bolivia, pay the mordida to the appropriate minister for road-going approval, & sell 50 bikes over the Internet with shipping included to their home country. Harley did it in Poland because at the time, Poland was coming out from under the Soviet thumb & hard currency was direly needed, plus they had 2smoke cars on the road, so what kind of emissions is a 4stroke V2 going to produce? Nada. Easy peesy approval & Bob's yer uncle.

Ride on!

:bike:

My VIN ends with 0051, so it would appear that there are that many anyway. Jim, if you're interested in the light installation I did, let me know. I can send pics and component info.

79776[/snapback]

Hey, I would bet we're all interested, start a thread. Have you gotten it plated?

dk

My VIN ends with 0051, so it would appear that there are that many anyway. Jim, if you're interested in the light installation I did, let me know. I can send pics and component info.

79776[/snapback]

PICS PLEAZZZZZ I'd be very interested in seeing your setup. Hell with lights on it I'd take a MGS over 2 999's. :food:

Yep, it's registered and plated.  :D I'll collect some pics and post them here when I get a chance. It's a simple setup but was accepted by the DMV and the California Highway Patrol.

79850[/snapback]

If you pulled that off in Cali, then it would be accepted ANYwhere.

That's a pic of the MGS-01 street version that was never produced. The proposed engine spec was about the same as the Griso and Breva 1100. That headlight is unobtanium and would require the oil cooler to be relocated, too. I managed to tuck a pair of Pia driving lights in there. They are unobtrusive and really bright. I don't have pics on this laptop that I'm travelling with this week. I'll post a couple over the weekend.

That's a pic of the MGS-01 street version that was never produced. The proposed engine spec was about the same as the Griso and Breva 1100. That headlight is unobtanium and would require the oil cooler to be relocated, too. I managed to tuck a pair of Pia driving lights in there. They are unobtrusive and really bright. I don't have pics on this laptop that I'm travelling with this week. I'll post a couple over the weekend.

79862[/snapback]

I was thinking you could mount those on the outside under the nose/above the fender. Maybe have them easy release for daytime or track but if what you did is nice, EVEN better. :luigi: you might be deserving a bodge point under the definition of a true successful bodge.