Brake/Clutch Fluid Change

Dr Gil

*rapidly scribbling notes* 

Ok then, I'm in the U.K. at the beginning of April...I'll try to fit it into a conversation.  Promise it won't get me beat up and thanks for the input.

79460[/snapback]

Some advice for you, Gil.

http://mrbrown.blogs.com/blog/1998/08/advice_for_tour.html

I couldn't get the caliper above the master cylinder. But by removing it and raising it so that the bleed nipple is upermost does help the air rise to the top and out . In it's standard position it's the lowest point so air will allways try to rise away from it. Unless you can force clean fluid backwards through the system and out the master cyclinder you will almost certainly trap air/old fluid. I think that the master cyclinder actually displaces quite a small volume of fluid per stroke so this makes it more important to elevate the caliper/bleed nipple.

I suppose you can achieve the same thing with the clutch without disconecting the slave cylinder by doing it on your porch steps. Rear wheel at top, front at bottom. (Don't try this at home kids - you will get a bodge point)

Some advice for you, Gil.

http://mrbrown.blogs.com/blog/1998/08/advice_for_tour.html

79620[/snapback]

Wow, some really good tips there, mike...I didn't know about any of those things. I really hate looking all touristy and not fitting in so I'm going to try to do all that stuff it suggests! :stupid:

I'm especially looking forward to those afternoon "wanks" and if we make it to Oxford maybe evening even trying a ride in a "yerinal." ;)

I'm thinking of a compromise here with these speed bleeders. My big problem when bleeding is that too much air gets sucked in past the threads on the bleeder valve. That speed valve company also sells special thread sealant for their valves. Maybe I should just get some of that and use it on the stock bleed valves?javascript:emoticon(':glare:')

Someone is passing up a perfectly good bodge point opportunity here.

79671[/snapback]

Okay Gil, any signs of paint going away and you will earn a bodge point. :bbblll:

I told you that the clutch bleeder was in a nasty location. :vomit:

What was Luigi thinking indeed. :not: