Stucchi xover

Martenni

Hi all

I have been reading all the bullatins on this great site and having decided that the first thing to change on my Tenni is the collecter the advice seems to be mostly in favour of the Stucchi xover but ive tried Wessons and motomecca here in England but they dont sell them where can i buy one from preferably in UK but if cheaper elsewhere[almost inevetable]and for how much.

A second hand one would be ok.

Thanks

regards Martin B):bike:

Hi Martin,

In the USA, MG Cycle has them in stock usually:

MG Cycle V11 Accessories

I would also guess that our sponsor, TLM(look in the upper right corner of the Forum webpage :P) has them, although I don't know that for certain.

In regard to availability in the UK, I don't know specifically, but maybe someone in your neck-of-the-woods has a source??

al

Guest Dokallis

Hi Martin, I'm Claudio from Italy and I've already an X crossover by Stucchi on my V11LM. this is the URL of Duilio Agostini a very good Guzzi and accessories and special parts dealer based in Mandello del Lario.

Contact them and ask about the price ( I think about 200 Euros).

http://www.agostiniduilio.com/negozioflash-ingl.html

You are welcome

Claudio Allia :bier:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Claudio

I have contacted agos but they dont sell the stucchi, i have been thinking about the problem of the offset exhaust on the bike and i may get a G&B Furio type under gearbox exhaust i have emailed agos and a local G&B dealer to find out the price.Have you beeen happy with your choice of exhaust what about the right silencer sticking out further on the standard bike,does your engine sometimes stall.

Regards Martin :mg::thumbsup:

Hi Martenni,

here's the link for the MGCycle page on V11 stuff:

http://www.mgcycle.com/V11Sport.html

But something about shipping a part across the Atlantic ocean, then BACK across the Atlantic to sell it strikes me as weird and unnatural. That's an awful lot of shipping. Seems like TLM should be able to set you up (seeing as they're a sponsor).

BTW, I have mistral's (stock crossover) and they set evenly on my bike as well.

cheers,

Jason

Guest Jaap

I know for a fact that TLM sell Stucchi X-overs. Call them, they speak english and ship abroad.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest lawman

Hey Everyone,

New member here. I just bought a used 00' V11S and I'm trying to sort a few things out. Although you guys have already talked about x-overs, and I hate to bring up an old topic, I was wonder about the differences between the Stucchi x-over and the Mistral x-over. Anyone have any input? cost? performance ? availability?

Thanks,

Lawman

San Francisco, CA

00' V11S

79' G5 LAPD

00' R1150GS (yeah, I know, cyclinders like sagging tits)

87' Hurricane Hooligan

Also, Fast by Ferracci has one in development. They are getting 95hp out of a bike with the prototype crossover and other significant modifications. Is it better or worse than a Stucchi? The world may never know.

....hrmm, I would suspect that 95hp means more "significant modifications" than just a x-over :P

Although Victor can chime-in if he's watching, I would bet that if they are getting 95hp at the rear wheel, we are talking about pistons, rods, head-work, cam, etc.... major work. 15-ish HP is a big gain.

Just a guess though.

al

You guessed right. High compression pistons, light porting, and bigger valves, oh, and of course a PCIII.

I wonder what they did about the timing, considering the high compression pistons????

Not only does it have peak hp but a fat smooth torque curve, so I suspect the cross over is working ok at the least.

Guest Ragin' Pit Bull
....hrmm, I would suspect that 95hp means more "significant modifications" than just a x-over :P

Although Victor can chime-in if he's watching, I would bet that if they are getting 95hp at the rear wheel, we are talking about pistons, rods, head-work, cam, etc.... major work. 15-ish HP is a big gain.

Just a guess though.

al

He's talking about the Moto Euro Project V11 Sport. It has ported heads, oversized valves, FBF slip-on, prototype FBF crossover, airbox conversion kit and a custom mapped PC III.