Buell Footpegs

PEPPERONI BROS.

:cheese: After searching through all the available data on footpeg options on this valuable website, [bIG thanks to all the moderators that make it happen!] I decided that the Buell footpeg conversion was the best way to go. Armed with the correct part numbers thoughtfully provided on this site, I bellied up to the local HD parts counter and ordered 'em, as I turned around to leave, I noticed a couple of Buell Ulysses on the sales floor and the nice wide pegs unique to that model. Then I spent about half an hour measuring, looking, & scheming, eventually coming to the conclusion that the beefier Ulysses pegs would be better for my purposes here in the wilds of Mendocino county where I ride on dirt roads from time to time. No 7/16" to 1/4" bushings were available locally, so I purchased some 7/16" round stock and made a couple. The Buell Ulysses pegs are slightly narrower than the S model so they fit with little modification, just trim the back so they lie flat and a little round file work to fit the 7/16" bushing. I'm finding that the brake and shifter require little adjusment, and are easier to use than before. :food: Here are the part numbers in case this sounds like the ticket for anyone else: footpegs N0503.1AK, N0502.1AK, springs: C0249.02A8, C0250.02A8. That's Gina perched on the peg! Have fun, Tom DSCF0010.JPG

:cheese: After searching through all the available data on footpeg options on this valuable website, [bIG thanks to all the moderators that make it happen!] I decided that the Buell footpeg conversion was the best way to go. Armed with the correct part numbers thoughtfully provided on this site, I bellied up to the local HD parts counter and ordered 'em, as I turned around to leave, I noticed a couple of Buell Ulysses on the sales floor and the nice wide pegs unique to that model. Then I spent about half an hour measuring, looking, & scheming, eventually coming to the conclusion that the beefier Ulysses pegs would be better for my purposes here in the wilds of Mendocino county where I ride on dirt roads from time to time. No 7/16" to 1/4" bushings were available locally, so I purchased some 7/16" round stock and made a couple. The Buell Ulysses pegs are slightly narrower than the S model so they fit with little modification, just trim the back so they lie flat and a little round file work to fit the 7/16" bushing. I'm finding that the brake and shifter require little adjusment, and are easier to use than before. :food: Here are the part numbers in case this sounds like the ticket for anyone else: footpegs N0503.1AK, N0502.1AK, springs: C0249.02A8, C0250.02A8. That's Gina perched on the peg! Have fun, Tom DSCF0010.JPG

79788[/snapback]

Its kinda hard to see them in that photo as its a little blurry, they do look to be a wider "perch" though! :D