Gripsters

soloNH

Found this in Motor Cyclist mag.

Anyone have any experience with them, I find the V-11 tank offers no grip.

http://techspec-usa.com/overview.html

79954[/snapback]

You and me both. Crushing my manparts on the tank every time I slow down just isn't that much fun. :bbblll: I added the "ice grip" version, making my own templates; was easy to apply. Helps keep me from sliding forward and it doesn't stand out too much visually, but I think I'd like even more grip. Also, after a season it has started fraying at the edges. It's currently better than the slippy tank, but I'm thinking pulling it off to try:

http://www.stompdesign.com/stompgrip/street_univ.asp

I would like to mount a combination fairing lower, knee pad support, so that when going down hill or braking, I do not slide forward.

This would take pressure off my back and wrists.

Of course I could just use horse back riding muscles, but I don't have any.

My V65SP used to have knee pad in the fairing lowers, and they worked great!

The trick would be to not make it look UGLY.

Why thank you, Dave. Fits in well with the Road Geez thing, don'cha think? :whistle:

80080[/snapback]

Not if one knee is on the pad and the other gliding overe the asphalt. :race:

Considering you don't have any chicken strips, I suspect you mislead about the Road Geez thing.

If you wanna go slow, stay behind me :D

dlaing, AKA slower than slowpoke

Found this in Motor Cyclist mag.

Anyone have any experience with them, I find the V-11 tank offers no grip.

http://techspec-usa.com/overview.html

79954[/snapback]

soloNH,

If you do end up ordering a pair of these please let us know what type you ordered, how installation went and how well they work (with pics if possible). I too am sick of sliding into my tank and these look to be a stylish and reasonably priced solution. ;)

Hi I have a baglux tank cover, holds the tank bag on, and this has built in gripper pads. I must admit I am not a knee down rider, but very rarely get left behind, and the guzzi is the first bike I've ridden were the knee pads and grip where effective and help with the riding position. You have to live with the looks of the tank cover, mines black, but they are now available in a green fairly close to the bikes colour, so may change soon and put the original up for sale.

Cheers Gary :bier:

:mg:deadguzzi.jpg

soloNH,

If you do end up ordering a pair of these please let us know what type you ordered, how  installation went and how well they work (with pics if possible).  I too am sick of sliding into my tank and these look to be a stylish and reasonably priced solution.   ;)

80088[/snapback]

See my comments above, but in a nutshell, the "ice grip" version offers a step up from the slippy tank. :thumbsup: It's clearly visible, but dosen't stand out too much. Durability may be an issue.