I'm a rider not a cleaner

Jock Guzzi

I have a bit of a cleaning fetish, I m afraid... both car and bikes look best when clean and road grime attacks paintwork and chrome, so I hose'em down and cuddle them.

I tend to use less detergent and more of those microfiber cloths/gloves for domestic use (amazing products) with only luke warm water, It removes any bugs/stains and you get a chance to touch everything, check things out and see how much paint that has fallen off the engine the last three days.

If to dirty, I spray with mild degreaser (environmentally friendly one, which isnt to aggressive) and hose with luke warm water.

for paintwork: use Autoglym products. if Aston Martin swears by them, so can you.

and keep the cocks away, they can ruin any finish :bike:

Guest Bruce

I use some stuff from Griot's Garage which is quick and easy. Speed shine after every ride, 5 min, 10 if you do the wheels. The bugs come right off unless you let them sit a couple days. This part is important for functional reasons I use a spray on the plastic and rubber bits called Vinyl Dressing. The original rubber/plastic dry rotted in no time. Since I've been using the spray all of it looks like new.

I have a pressure washer (vehicle cleaning was only one of many reasons to get it). Really is excellent, but you really have to be careful. With the bubbled engine paint on the LeMans it was really important to watch it, but it definitely is efficient with the water. Treat the hardened dried-on bugs with a bit of bug remover spray, and the pressure washer makes it lots more effective.