THIS SUN.-3/19!! Southern California Ride/Guzzi-Q

wsholar

EDIT--> NOTE NEW DATE--> Sunday, 3/19, THIS SUNDAY

We were planning this ride for the 3rd Sunday in January, but the conditions kind of sucked, AND it conflicted with the Mods vs. Rockers event in SD, then Robbie hosted a great Guzzi-Q on the ocean in February, so let's give this one a go on the 3rdSunday in March, the 19th:

Late, light breakfast at 10am at Euro Cafe, Mills and Baseline in Claremont:

Directions to Euro Cafe from 210 Eastbound

Ride up Mt. Baldy Rd. to Glendora Ridge Road (GRR) and across to Glendora Mountain Road (GMR), down to East Fork, across to Hwy 39 (San Gabriel Canyon Rd.):

Directions across GRR to Hwy 39

Then, around 1pm, up to my place for a "Guzzi-Q," drinks, swimming (if it's warm enough), etc.:

Directions from Hwy 39 to my place

Hope to see a bunch of folks show up-- we can handle 20 or 30 bikes, so don't be shy, and spread the word. It would be great to see S. of LA and N. of LA folks on this one.

Please RSVP here so we'll know what to do about shopping.

We were planning this ride for the 3rd Sunday in January, but the conditions kind of sucked, AND it conflicted with the Mods vs. Rockers event in SD, then Robbie hosted a great Guzzi-Q on the ocean in February, so let's give this one a go on the 4th Sunday in March, the 26th:

Hope to see a bunch of folks show up-- we can handle 20 or 30 bikes, so don't be shy, and spread the word.  It would be great to see S. of LA and N. of LA folks on this one.

80349[/snapback]

Hate to rain on your parade, but that's the same day as the LABikers' Spring Ride for the Road Gods [fundraiser] on Angeles Crest [aka the Yves Bolomet Memorial Highway.] It's not a huge turnout, & just a casual ride up the Crest from the Shell to Newcomb's, where you can eat, or not & eventually they'll pass the hat for contributions to go to the emergency crews [who frequently run out of budget to scrape the squids off the pavement & wind up buying their own bandages.] Good cause & all that, so you've got the options of:

Going ahead with the GRR/GMR route [too bad the secret's out; that road used to be great before the frickin' moto mags all outed it! Now the FS & county just shut it down periodically 'cause they don't want to deal with the squids...] & figure the Road Gods ride will drain off some people to get in your way, or...

Incorporate/show up for the Road Gods ride & toss a couple bucks in the hat up @ Newcomb's & feel good about yourself for helping your fellow riders [be they dopey squid types or not.] ;-)

Ride on!

:bike:

Hate to rain on your parade...Road Gods...Newcombs (ugh).

No thanks. Instead of blowing a Sunday with a bunch of squids on The Crest, why not come to the Guzzi-Q with the rest of us-- the view of Palos Verdes and Catalina are better than a bunch of R1s and Gixxers at Newcombs, you'll have the personal satisfaction of seeing nothing but Guzzis on the terrace, there will be free beer, Red Bulls, Carne Asada, and cheeseburgers, and remember, SoCal Guzzi people are the best people in the world. :drink:

PS-- You can even bring your big game rifle and try your luck at baggin' a bear or a cougar-- a real challenge after 10 Red Bulls and 6 beers.

No thanks.  Instead of blowing a Sunday with a bunch of squids on The Crest, why not come to the Guzzi-Q with the rest of us-- the view of Palos Verdes and Catalina are better than a bunch of R1s and Gixxers at Newcombs, you'll have the personal satisfaction of seeing nothing but Guzzis on the terrace, there will be free beer, Red Bulls, Carne Asada, and cheeseburgers, and remember, SoCal Guzzi people are the best people in the world. :drink:

PS-- You can even bring your big game rifle and try your luck at baggin' a bear or a cougar-- a real challenge after 10 Red Bulls and 6 beers.

80686[/snapback]

Last year I had six RedBulls and then lane split south homeward @ > 20MPH over traffic sppeeedd, can you say sppppeeeeedddd??? freakin' insane, never again, thank you. Decafe please.

• 3 weeks later...
Last year I had six RedBulls and then lane split south homeward @ > 20MPH over traffic sppeeedd, can you say sppppeeeeedddd??? freakin' insane, never again, thank you. Decafe please.

80687[/snapback]

Hey Dave, we missed you on Sunday. I know the weather was crappy, but we managed to tip a few back anyway. A few pictures:

IMG_0812_2_1.JPG

IMG_0808_1_1.JPG

IMG_0803_2_1.JPG

• 4 weeks later...
Hey Dave, we missed you on Sunday.  I know the weather was crappy, but we managed to tip a few back anyway.  A few pictures:

IMG_0803_2_1.JPG

83127[/snapback]

I must hit the next Monrovian Guzzi-Q

Is that the infamous TGarlick in the back?

That guy kind of looks like Roger.

It might also be fun to ride up to Willow, to see the WMSC....but so little time, energy, and money...