Long way round

soloNH

Hey guys there is a great show on Real TV channel tonight (US) called "Long Way Round" It's about Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman preparing to ride BMW's around the world. It' really quite good even though I don't have a clue who Charley is, my guess is you folks in the UK could fill me in. Looks like it's going to be a series and will continue on. :thumbsup:

Thank goodness it's NOT a reality show. :vomit:

Does anyone know about this? Check it out.

:ninja::ninja::ninja:

For the uncut version [and it REALLY good] get it at amazon.ca, 14.95 cdn.

It's been running on OLN Network for a few months now, very inspiriational if you have that desire to take off for a year [as I do].

Ciao, Steve G.

Hey guys there is a great show on Real TV channel tonight (US) called "Long Way Round" It's about Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman preparing to ride BMW's around the world. It' really quite good even though I don't have a clue who Charley is, my guess is you folks in the UK could fill me in. Looks like it's going to be a series and will continue on. :thumbsup:

Thank goodness it's NOT a reality show. :vomit:

Does anyone know about this? Check it out.

:ninja:  :ninja:  :ninja:

81265[/snapback]

Charley Boorman, actor - son of John Boorman (director of 'Excalibur' - the movie).

Seems quite grounded, although his little spat at KTM is just a joke & he deserves a bitch slap for overacting...

but the journey is still inspirational.

Is'nt it always... :helmet:

Guest redguzziv10

seen it a couple of times, pretty good series.

i think at this very moment Charlie Boorman is doing a second series, travelling the whole lenght of the trans-American Highway

sans Ewan (movie contractual obligations)

Would have been better on somethin Italian methinks

Charley Boorman, actor - son of John Boorman (director of 'Excalibur' - the movie).

Seems quite grounded, although his little spat at KTM is just a joke & he deserves a bitch slap for overacting...

but the journey is still inspirational.

Is'nt it always...    :helmet:

81279[/snapback]

John Boorman also directed the ultimate classic Deliverance, where four guys met some unsavoury hillbillys in the woods. Duelling banjos and all. Thats a MANs movie...

John Boorman also directed the ultimate classic Deliverance, where four guys met some unsavoury hillbillys in the woods. Duelling banjos and all. Thats a MANs movie...

81287[/snapback]

Your kiddin, he directed Deliverance? That dudes messed up in the head. Good movie though. :thumbsup: Same for The Long Way Round. Our fire chief brought the DVD set in and let us watch it. Almost made me want to get an enduro bike and give it a shot. Unfortunitly I dout the navy would give me 180+ day of leave. Probably a good thing though. B)

Oh man, this is nothing. We have got our BMW rider from Holland. He is now on mexico.

His name, Benny de euker..... :cheese:

81315[/snapback]

Oh man, Ben de Oik is nothing

compared to Ben de Woman

Guest radguzzi

That is a great account of the trek they took on Beemers... Absolutley awesome. Even with support vehicles that was quite a feat, running the rough roads and on no roads... the highs and lows of the trip, really incredible.

I found a new DVD set on eBay for about 20 bux....

Charlie was part of the Dakar race this year also, I don't recall which team but he ran in it...!!

Best,

Rob

That is a great account of the trek they took on Beemers...  Absolutley awesome.  Even with support vehicles that was quite a feat, running the rough roads and on no roads... the highs and lows of the trip,  really incredible.

I found a new DVD set on eBay for about 20 bux.... 

Charlie was part of the Dakar race this year also, I don't recall which team but he ran in it...!! 

Best,

Rob

81349[/snapback]

Charlie ran in the Dakar this year. On the fifth day, on his works BMW 650, he crashed, breaking both wrists. He's ok besides that.

Ciao, Steve G.

Did nobody else think this was a copout, or am I just a relatively young cynical bastard?

An office in London, SAS train ing in self defence, 3 months preparation,2 support trucks with at least 10 people, they still got the timing wrong and did the road of bones in the back of a train,for Chrissakes!

And the there were quotes like"We've been on the road a month, and I really miss my family, and have forgotten what normal life is like", or something to that effect. In my experience of long trips, and I'm sure there are people on this site with more then me, It takes about a month just to get into the mindset of a long trip.

If obi wan had wanted a press and publicity free trip, which he kept harping on about, why didn't he just wheel his BM out one cold and frosty morning, with credit card ,toothbrush and all the essentials but less of the broohaha, and do the trip, without all the ancilliary BS.

Just because he's a film star doesn't mean he can't. I've done it. Lots of other people do it. It's not rocket science.

Theres a long 10 part or so documentary made very amateurishly by, oddly enough, 5 english amateur guys who spent over a year going around the world on I think japanese 175 dirtbikes. Now that was the real thing. I've seen it on UK tv a few years ago and it might have been call "round world trip", or "mundo" something... It really puts the jedi knight in the half penny place.