nice music

Guest jimjib

Guest jimjib

I finally got around to mounting my new reverse cone megaphones..and boy does it sound great. The megaphones cost $35.00 each and the custom 7in long bends to slip them on cost $35.00 at the local muffler shop. The sound is wonderful......about double the noise of my stock drilled cans. There is no popping on decel which surprised me as I thought I might have to ritchen it up. My seat of the paints dyno tells me I might have lost a little on the bottom....but I think thats due to the longish header. I might try later to shorten this up at some point....but overall I am pretty happy with the performance.

reversecone.jpg

Hi Jimjib,

Good to hear from you again! I was wondering where you had gone (perhaps sold the Goose?) Hope we can look forward to more participation again from you.

Not bad, those classic megaphones on your Scura. I think the sound of megaphones on british single & twins is the best there is! '

Jaap

BTW, welcome to our swedish friend Göran. By my knowledge the first entry from Scandinavia!

Guest jimjib

Haven't gone anywhere....just been heavyduty into the dual sport thing so my pure street bikes have been collecting a bit of dust.

You can get the cones from jc whitney and any muffler shop can make the adapters. It sure is fun to bark back at the harley guys now :grin: At cruising speed the sound is not annoying at all...but downshift for a pass and they know im coming

Speaking of British twins....I have been seeing alot of streetrackers running around town.....I sure wouldn't mind getting nice trackmaster triumph to putt around on.

Guest jimjib

I just used pep boys exhaust paint....its not the greatest but will work for now. I think I will eventually take the whole pipe down and get a flat black, jet coat finish.

I rode it again today and to be honest, I need to get it on a dyno to really tell what is happening....if I lost anything at the bottom, it aint much. I may play a little with the header length but the more I ride it...the more I think I will just leave it alone.