Replacing the breather hose

bigbikerrick

Today I got my "ford" heater hose from napa to replace my cracked breather hose, even though mine was pretty cracked at both ends , it hadnt leaked yet, I was surprised that there was really no oil inside, just the smell of oil fumes,but it was basically dry inside. Do these things really leak much when they let go? I thought I would find quite an oil film inside. Also, I removed my coils to get at the hose easier and found that the 2 upper coil bracket mounts had the rubber cushion completely separated from the steel bolts/plate that has 2 10mm nuts holding it to the frame tubes. The only thing holding the coil bracket was the bottom bolt that goes THROUGH a rubber cushion, (seems like all guzzi rubber bits are garbage!) do these coils really need that much isolation from vibration ,or can they be solidly mounted on the top mounts,or at least use a piece of rubber with a bolt going through it? Thanks folks! :luigi:

When my vapor return line cracked it was right in the bend & yes it made a mess. Not a whole lot of oil loss. Its just oily vapor but, it collects all kind of dirt & dust.

81446[/snapback]

Yep, Thats pretty much what I figgured, the way some folks described it I thought there would be a deluge of oil going down into the bell housing and chingering up the clutch plates, etc. :doh: