would a Ohlins for fit a 2000 V11 sport ?

jihem

hi all:)

thanx for your replies concerning my bike's odd behaviour...I'll get it back on saturday so i will be able to test and try the things you all suggested.

as some may know, I acquired a Ohlins fork from HMB.de. The owner of the shop has been most helpful and i got the brand new Ohlins for the said 1500 € including transport.

unfortunately, the Ohlins is far too long for the Ghezzi. We have turn this situation upside down, and there seem to be no way we'll fit it without major tampering and even rebalancing of the bike: I don't want to have to lift the back 5 cms...Jm's handlebars won't do the trick either, it's just a combination of things but at the end of the day, it's the same: Ohlins's V11 fork won't fit a Ghezzi-Brian STW.

so, i'm here with a brand new Ohlins fork which i need to sell. I'm ready to make a great price for whoever is interested (send me a pm)

and I have someone asking me if that Ohlins would fit his Marzocchi equipped 2000 V11 Sport (empty axle). Couldn't find a specific answer when searching the database here. Can someone tell me if that would work ?

merci :)

ohlins_V11.JPG

jihem,

If the upper fork is 54mm, 54mm where it clamps in the triples, they should work on the V11 Sport. Also measure from the center of axle hole to the top of fork to get the fork length.

A different fender (Aprilia RSV) will also be needed for the Ohlins fork and depending on what front axle it takes, you may need to replace the axle (Ducati 999), front wheel bearings and inner spacer.

I can help out with any other questions if needed.

Mike

hi all:)

thanx for your replies concerning my bike's odd behaviour...I'll get it back on saturday so i will be able to test and try the things you all suggested.

as some may know, I acquired a Ohlins fork from HMB.de. The owner of the shop has been most helpful and i got the brand new Ohlins for the said 1500 € including transport.

unfortunately, the Ohlins is far too long for the Ghezzi. We have turn this situation upside down, and there seem to be no way we'll fit it without major tampering and even rebalancing of the bike: I don't want to have to lift the back 5 cms...Jm's handlebars won't do the trick either, it's just a combination  of things but at the end of the day, it's the same: Ohlins's V11 fork won't fit a Ghezzi-Brian STW.

so, i'm here with a brand new Ohlins fork which i need to sell. I'm ready to make a great price for whoever is interested (send me a pm)

and I have someone asking me if that Ohlins would fit his Marzocchi equipped 2000 V11 Sport (empty axle). Couldn't find a specific answer when searching the database here. Can someone tell me if that would work ?

merci :)

ohlins_V11.JPG

82413[/snapback]