V8 Moto Guzzi

helicopterjim R.I.P.

Guest ratchethack

Why? I reckon it's to finally discover (the hard way) that MORE is in reality, so much LESS... :huh2:

Historic method #1 toward achievement of a true moto-abomination:

Start with a wonderfully balanced, all-around Classic, and hack it up, working backwards... :vomit:

Why do most Deisel bikes have to be so freaking ugly and slow? I WANT this BIKE sooooooo BAD talk about being different and I bet the damn thing would run for 100 years without a breakdown. 0-60 in 4 sec but I can't find fuel consumption info. I bet it could burn biodeisel too. :grin:

neanderbike.jpgneander3.JPG

Only drawback? the catch you might add? all the money you save in fuel will goto the mortgage payment you'll have on the bike. At 68,000 € Do I get the new neander or the porche? hmm :unsure:

The truly hot machininist would go get a pair of old Guzzi branded Benelli 254/4's and build a new crankcase and crank and have a real, honest to God, 500cc Moto Guzzi V8. This isn't any more radical than that V8 down in Australia a couple of years ago. That one used a bunch of Yamaha parts if memory serves me correctly.

Quote from article:

"It handles exceptionally well for such a long wheelbase."

I once had a Panther sidecar outfit. When I was doing some work on the chair, off the bike, a friend took it for a ride solo. When he came back, white-faced with fear, I asked him what it felt like.

"A wheelbarrow full of pigshit with a flat tyre" he said. With feeling.

I suspect the quote above means much the same thing.

mike

ex-wheelbarrow owner