How do you find date warranty starts from?

Guest Britcheflee

Guest Britcheflee

Hi,

Once the weather sorts itself out up here in N Ca I am going to take my V11 Ballabio to be checked out as I am getting a very small oil leak from somewhere in the transmission area - I think the bike is still under warranty but although I have all the documentation from the previous owner including the warranty book I dont have an exact date of original purchase - is the date the bike is first registered on the registration sufficient? How do you go about finding where your bike was originally purchased from - the dealer and or the date?

Thanks,

Lee

your dealer should be able to find the exact date in the computer from moto guzzi.

Here in europe, the dealer has to register the bike in the moto guzzi computer as sold, then the warranty starts. If the bike isn't proper registred in the moto guzzi computer, they will not warrant your claims. As far as I know the system is worldwide. So the dealer also has to register all service the bike gets, because you need to service the bike like the schedule they made for it.