Long Distance traveling

yosi

I just sold my BMW and I'm consideriung a Guzzi V11 Le mans. I routinelly do long distance traveling, In the beemer I used to do 400-500 a day. How feasible is on a Guzzi Lemans. Confy enough for long hours? I conmute to work every day 30-40 miles.

This will determinate my decision so please as much info wll be usefull

Many thanks

Yosi

83866[/snapback]

I use mine a lot to commute,80 miles round trip, and regularly go back to Scotland to see my kids, every second or third weekend or so. I put on Cafe Sport bars and a wee carbon flyscreen, apart from the usual engine mods, everything else is stock. I generally get a sore arse after about two hours so a stop for a smoke and some staring into space is in order. It's not a sofa, but it's pretty good at covering ground.

i once made a run from houston to virginia in our F350 pickup truck in 19.5hrs (an all time personal best)

84112[/snapback]

Funny, I did the opposite run on my G5- from Norfolk to Houston (with a detour to Florida to watch a space shuttle launch) in sixty something hours (3 days?) before I passed out under a freeway bridge south of Houston. I realized I needed sleep when I started hallucinating. Ah, to be 19 again.

Guest bshpilot
but never known a sweetie like yours to have an iron or large bladder.  :whistle:

well she wanted to get back as quickly as i did...we too a "slower" pace

(dictated by my wife) on the way down to houston in 23.5hrs and basically

she was tired of me telling friends about how LONG it had taken...

so she said ok "we'll do it your way" on the return route...she attributes

her ablity to hold it from being a nurse...i guess you cant just "stop"

what ever it is youre doin' as an ICU nurse and say "hold on one sec, i gotta

pee...ill be right back"

Guest rosso mandello

Last summer I did 4000 km´s in 6 days, 1800 the last day from the south of France to Denmark, no problems at all, not especially tired

I routinelly do long distance traveling, In the beemer I used to do 400-500 a day. How feasible is on a Guzzi Lemans. Confy enough for long hours?

83866[/snapback]

I've read where people have commented on the reach to the bars, the seat and the vibes....

none of that bothers me :huh2: I'm 6'2" with longish arms so, I guess I fit the bike.

I come from an FJ-1100 and I'll admit, the FJ had a plusher saddle but, the Le Mans seat doesn't cause me misery even after 10 hours in the saddle.

• 3 weeks later...
I just sold my BMW and I'm consideriung a Guzzi V11 Le mans. I routinelly do long distance traveling, In the beemer I used to do 400-500 a day. How feasible is on a Guzzi Lemans. Confy enough for long hours? I conmute to work every day 30-40 miles.

This will determinate my decision so please as much info wll be usefull

Many thanks

Yosi

83866[/snapback]

Just got back from a 1500 mile trip on back roads & interstate on my V11 Sport. Pretty much stock except added a 17" windshield & tacki grips(curved). I put in a couple of 10 hour days & I can feel it in my shoulders and especially my arthritic knees, but the exhilaration is worth it. It's a terrible traffic jam bike and much better suited to back roads than superslab, in my opinion. The ride I had on the Cherahola Skyway is worth all the pain.First time I've had a bike that has capabilities way beyond my nerve. Can never go back to an ordinary bike.