Need front M/C info

badmotogoozer

Gravity got the Guzzi on Saturday morning. Need a new brake Master cyl. and lever.

What are the specs on the Brembo master? Diameter? What do I replace it with? I know some Ducati's used the same one... but which one is it?

The V11 came off the stand. Landed on the Ducati (4 yr resto ). Both bikes unserviceable.

I could cry. If I wasn't so manly bad and all...

Rj

Talk to Gord Mitten at Valley Yamaha/MG (604-795-4403). They might not be open Mondays. He has a non-Guzzi source for Brembo parts with very reasonable prices. He was able to get me a new clutch m/c & lever cheaper than from Guzzi.

Go ahead. When you put *both* bikes out of commision, it's ok to cry. I would probably swear and then kick something, thus putting my foot out of commision as well.

Do you need the master cylinder or just the reservoir?

The whole master. Lever bent back (in the spokes of the newly laced and trued Duc wheel - sniff. Broke the lever and the cracked the body of the master.

I've been hunting for info - one source says it is a Brembo PS16 part number 10.5053.27

any confirmation?

thanks,

Rj

Thanks Chris! I'll give them a call tomorrow if I can't find anything today. Nobody wants to sell bikes and bits on a Monday in Vancouver...

It's a 16-mm goldline remote-reservoir master cylinder. If Gordon at Valley can't help you, I've got a source (I work at Moto International).

Actually, I've been thinking of converting my B-Bob to use black integrated-reservoir master cylinders (looks much better with handlebars, in my opinion), so if that looks affordable, I may soon have a used mster cylinder to sell.

I just finished crying for you...sob, sob

The Brembo master cylinder Guzzi uses is the same as the pre 2000 Ducati units. Just make sure it has the large diameter brake lever pivot. The 16 in the part number refers to the piston diameter (16mm). You might have to use your brake master bar clamp, the Ducati ones usually don't have a mirror mount.

Good luck,

Mike

Hi Rj,

Here is a chance to make lemonade from your lemons. I suggest going to a radial m/c. I did and the feel is so much better than the stock m/c. You can go to www.guzzitech.com to get the details.

On the other hand, if you really want a stock m/c, I still have mine laying around somewhere. If you are interested, I'll dig it out and make sure that it's still in good condition and come up with a price. You will still need to get a reservoir.

Get me a PM if you are interested.

Regards,

-ken

New Brembo masters don't seem to be that much. Found a couple of new ones for $150-$200.

I like the radial conversion idea - if they aren't ridiculously more money I may do that. More Googling required...

I still need to give Gord a call as the last two days have been crazy busy.

Thanks to those who have offered to sell me their old ones!! You might want to hang onto it in case you need it! New ones are fairly inexpensive so I'm leaning that way.

Just need to figure out which one I need, then the Guzzler will be mobile again, but rather uglier...

Rj

Gravity got the Guzzi on Saturday morning.  Need a new brake Master cyl. and lever.

What are the specs on the Brembo master?  Diameter?  What do I replace it with?  I know some Ducati's used the same one... but which one is it?

The V11 came off the stand.  Landed on the Ducati (4 yr resto ).  Both bikes unserviceable. 

I could cry.  If I wasn't so manly bad and all...

Rj

83979[/snapback]

Hey'a Bad

Really sorry to hear about your mishap.... :( (l'd cry/scream/rant/rave/kick the dog/beat the children..etc.)

glad to see all the help coming in on the site :thumbsup:

Hope you get sorted soon,

:bier:

Cheers

Van