Helmet Painting

DeBenGuzzi

Well I have a Nolan that appears to have been painted from the factory Well its flaking off like paint anyway. Can I paint a Nolan? is there any kind of paint that Can paint a poly helm?

I bet I could airbrush the thing with the right paints.  <_ don have a compressor an airbrush>

84268[/snapback]

Nolans have a lexan shell painted with a water based paint, some use a reflective paint. Most painted helmets are a 3 stage application system, I don't see how an acrylic enamel would damage a lexan painted shell.

waspp

Nolans have a lexan shell painted with a water based  paint, some use a reflective paint. Most painted helmets are a 3 stage application system, I don't see how an acrylic enamel would damage a lexan painted shell.

waspp

84427[/snapback]

well all the paint has come off in places. I have exposed plastic. But I've had this helmet for almost 5 years. I can't believe they still make the exact same helmet too. Almost identical. :helmet:

couldn't you just remove the old paint, sand it down and then put on a coat of plastic primer? That might give the plastic enough protection for when you put on the color.

Z

84493[/snapback]

Thats not a bad idea, Anyone have some thoughts? I plan to get a new helmet but I'd still like this one to be useable and right now its butt ugly. Even if its all one color is better than most of the paint missing from the chin area.