Looking for rotor retaining pins!

Guest atl.guzzirider

Guest atl.guzzirider

I have been trying to locate new rotor retaining pins to replace my stock pins on my 02 lemans. After finding that the brembo disc are not out enough for warranty replacement I have talked to a few people which have replaced their semi-floating disc pins with smaller (dia.) full-floating pins which they say eliminates pulsations even if your rotors are not totally true. The only problem I have found is most dealers would rather sell you a new set of full floaters rather than look for new pins. In theory this idea seems like it would help, I have contacted ap lockheed and they have suggested contacting brembo which will be my next move, if this dosen't work I will probably try and wait till it's out of warranty and replace the rotors with full floaters. If anyone has any experience on this subject I would be curious to hear from you.

Thanks,

Walt Bowen

Champaign 02 lemans

CAREFULLY try lubricating your stock floaters so that they actually float :P

My dealer lubed mine with chain wax and they were much better for a while.

Then I lubed them with silicone, and they have been fine ever since.

WARNING The lube will spin out to the braking surface, possibly causing a lack of braking power. So, after lubing carefully clean rotors with brake cleaner. Take it for a careful spin and then clean the rotors again.

I posted this solution before and nobody said it worked or not, so it would be good to know if it works for you too. Feel free to say, "No way am I going to lube my brakes!"

It is important not to lose your braking power!!!! :grin:

Another problem when you want different rotors, is that guzzi uses soft bolts that are glueed ito place. They won't come out before the head is round inside. I've here some 300mm disks with the aftermarket floaters into it. That works. They are sold here and there in Europe, try a Ducati shop.

other, www.motowheels.com search for "stm floating disk"