Head bolt Torque

Guest azccj

Guest azccj

Anyone know what the head bolts should be torqued to on my 03 Le Mans? The owners manual lists that they should be retightened but doesn't list what they should be torqued to. Also, where can I get some of that rear drive additive that you are suposed to add to the rear drive oil?

http://www.geocities.com/motoguzzi1064/Guz...alvesTorque.htm

azccj, try the above link. Courtesy of Lex, this may help you get the job done. In order to tighten the stud under the plug, I cut down a 10mm allen key then used a socket on this. In regard to the moly additive for the bevel box I think Harper's Cycles sells this. Another option is to use Redline Shockproof heavyweight in the gearbox and bevel box. This comes very highly recommended and as a bonus you do not need to add the moly to the bevel box when using this oil.

Rob

Guest azccj

Thanks for the info. It is just what I needed. One more quick question, when you check the oil level for the engine is the bike on the side stand or held perfectly level? Once again the owners manual doesn't say anything but to screw in the dip stick all the way in and to check it when the engine is warmed up.

When I change my oil I measure in 3500ml including the oil filter fill. Now when I check the oil level, I do it before I start the bike. I unscrew the dipstick with the bike still on the sidestand and check the level against what it was after it's oilchange. The bike is always parked in the same spot so the only thing that can change is the oil level. My oil sits about 10mm above the high mark but checking the oil level the correct way, after having run it for a while and the bike vertical it is on the high mark. It doesn't matter to me what method is used, as long as it's done the same way, same place every time so the only variation if any, is the amount of oil in your sump.

Rob

Thanks for the info. It is just what I needed. One more quick question, when you check the oil level for the engine is the bike on the side stand or held perfectly level? Once again the owners manual doesn't say anything but to screw in the dip stick all the way in and to check it when the engine is warmed up.

85336[/snapback]

The bike should be level in all aspects. I use a block of wood 2x4 to slip under the side stand. It's pretty close. This applies to the tranny sight glass too. Carefull you don't knock the bike over in this position.

Ride on,

David