Tank Bag

velofish

I have been searching for the Guzzi tank bag with no success. I have a Chase Harper bag now that does not work very well with the pad on the gas tank.

Any other suggestions for a bag that fits well and does not move around much? Or, anyone know where I can find a Guzzi bag. Thanks.

fish

The factory one is the best. Try Moto International or MG Cycle or MPH. If that fails, contact Agostini or Teo Lamers. Good luck! You will not regret the expense - it is THAT good!

I just bought the last one Moto International had. They might be able to get more.

I have used the Chase Harper bag for thousands and thousands of miles. The only thing I had problems with is making the bag tight enough so it does not slide side to side. Once tight, it works very well.

Mike

I have been searching for the Guzzi tank bag with no success.  I have a Chase Harper bag now that does not work very well with the pad on the gas tank.

Any other suggestions for a bag that fits well and does not move around much?  Or, anyone know where I can find a Guzzi bag.  Thanks.

fish

85398[/snapback]

I've been using Marsee bags for years, mostly magnetic, and bought a strap-base 19 litre bag for the LeMans. Great quality, fits well, and doesn't slide around at all.

Get the factory one, it is good. I have a factory Beemer one for my GS, and they are very good, and the Guzzi one is comparable.

Check around they are still out there. Todd at MPH, or Moto Inter. I was in British Italian in Vancouver recently, they have two, but the price? I think it was 250$ cdn.

I got mine 3 yrs ago while heading through Sparks, Nevada. The old dealer there gave it to me for $170us, cash, I think.

A note of caution. If you value your paint job, you will put protective tape on the tank where the front straps wrap around the headstock, there is a paint removal possibility. I use electricians tape, it peels off nice and clean.

Ciao, Steve G.

Try baglux on the web, you have to buy a cover that fits the tank, then there is a large range of different size bags all interchangeable with the cover. If you change bike/have more than one bike all you need is the appropriate tank cover and you can use the same bag on all your bikes.

baglux website

Cheers gary :bier:

Thanks guys. i see that the Baglux guys have a tank cover for sale in the UK. Black/apple colored. That may be my fall back.

I found a Marsee bag with the Guzzi logo on it at Arizona superbikes (I think) but it doesn't quite look like the factory type. I was really impressed with the factory type, so I will keep looking for a bit.

Mike: I have the same problem with the bag sliding around, so I spray glued some rubber mesh to the bottom of the bag. That helped quite a bit.

fish

Anyone using a Roadgear bag? I've got the map case, the laptop/courier bag, and some glove from them. Very impressed by manufacture & features. But I've not used their bags. On my Breva 750 I have the Guzzi bag system, and on my Jackal I had the Marsee bag--the Marsee worked very well.

As I ponder getting a Cafe Sport (perhaps more wishful thinking financially now), it'd be nice to keep bag ideas in mind.

I think I will hold out for the factory bag. Teo Lamers has two. Agostini seems to have them, but not accessible on the english language site, only the italian version.

I tried calling MPH, but those lazy texans aren't in yet. -_-

Forgot about FBF. I'll call them in a moment. Thanks.

fish

Thanks guys.  i see that the Baglux guys have a tank cover for sale in the UK.  Black/apple colored.  That may be my fall back. 

I found a Marsee bag with the Guzzi logo on it at Arizona superbikes (I think) but it doesn't quite look like the factory type.  I was really impressed with the factory type, so I will keep looking for a bit.

Mike:  I have the same problem with the bag sliding around, so I spray glued some rubber mesh to the bottom of the bag.  That helped quite a bit.

fish

85427[/snapback]

An easy [and super cheap] fix for moving tank bags, and as an isolator for paint protection. Go to a marine hardware store, a place where boat guys get their shit [stuff]. Locally, Steveston Marine Hardware. Look for a product that calls itself 'anti skid pad', or something like that. It comes in a roll, to be cut to size and shape with basic sissors, available in many colors. It is a rubber/foam stuff about 3mm/1/8" thick, with uniform holes throughout. It is used in marine purposes for table tops, and prevents things on tables from sliding around during rolling seas. It prevents movement of tank bags. Even without straps, the silly things stay put. I've cut a pad to shape for both of my tank bags, and can confirm it works.

There are two similar products locally here, but the one that works best has a more foam feel to it, rather than a shinier rubber look/feel to it.

Ciao, Steve G.

I've got a doubble decker TourMaster

I really like it but it does slide around if I don't

make a special effort after gasing. It's also done a good job

of dulling my paint ...but I've always promised myself I'm going to

paint it something other than "beige" (Champagne in Italian) anyway. :P

The no skid pads suggested sound like a good idea.

I have a Shook Speed Pack (http://www.aerostich.com/product.php?productid=16187), a hard shell tank bag. Its curves nicely match the lines of the bike. Foam pads keep the bag off the surface of the tank. I have it mounted so that it opens towards me.

Brian

I have been searching for the Guzzi tank bag with no success.  I have a Chase Harper bag now that does not work very well with the pad on the gas tank.

Any other suggestions for a bag that fits well and does not move around much?  Or, anyone know where I can find a Guzzi bag.  Thanks.

fish

85398[/snapback]

I tried calling MPH, but those lazy texans aren't in yet. -_-

OK, I got ahold of MPH. The factory MG bag is in stock and is on the way. Sorry about that "lazy" crack. :) Good price, too. $160 USD. Thanks, MPH!

Maybe it's just me, but I think MGs look great with tank bags on them and some road grime. All has to do with them being "traveling" bikes I guess.

Thanks to everybody for the help.

fish